Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AMEX - does it grate having to say it??!!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's very rare that I say Falmer now. Don't have a problem at all with calling it The Amex - as long as it's pronounced the correct way.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The question at the beginning of the thread is specifically about The Amex. If the stadium was going to be called, say, " The Union Carbide Stadium," then my answer would have been different.

I was being pedantic- good answer

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I might need a NSC name change GoldWithAmex ? looks quite good

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
In this day and age where many of us may rail against all things corporate how do you now feel about the naming of the stadium and YOU, personally, as a fan calling it The Amex?!

Just sent someone an email and 'The Amex' just rolled of my tongue (or fingertips!!) and I realise I now have no major problem with it!!

I understand your point and agree with it, but Falmer is such a foul name. The South Downs Stadium would be a better name, but it is a coprorate world, "don't let your face grow long".

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I have a problem with those who whine on about a name when it has brought much needed revenue into the club, people like this should grow up.

Then I'm guessing you have a problem with no-one! I don't like calling it the Amex, as we spent 10 years campaigning for 'Falmer'. And I'm not alone. But it's not a big deal. Big difference between having that preference and whining, eh?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I don't like it, so I refer to it as 'the ground/stadium' or say 'I'm going up the Albion'. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here