Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AMEX - does it grate having to say it??!!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This. When we get to the Premiership I'm sure they will sponsor the shirts with all that extra TV exposure.

Can't see any problem with that,and to be honest they have their new extension in Edward Street now so they and us (the town) are inextricably linked.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've not referred to it as anything other than The Amex ever since the sponsorship deal was announced. Its a great name for a stadium. Snappy, trips off the tongue, simple and modern-sounding. "Falmer" is such an insipid nonenity of a name I can't understand why anyone would refer to our stadium as that.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have a problem with those who whine on about a name when it has brought much needed revenue into the club, people like this should grow up.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
A complete non-issue for me.

Breaking News: Greg Stanley and Business partner Bill Archer has stepped forward with a bid for Brighton FC...in a £300m deal they wish to purchase the club and name the stadium......The GregArch .....

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I like it. Amex keep lots of people in work in this town, is a World Brand, and will dig deeper if the team takes off.
It's a good start to competing in the top level of the high-finance world that footie has become

That is spot on Hugh'sDad. I think it is great that Amex has involved itself more with the city, by sponsership of our wonderful new home.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Mate.......................
......................you are clearly a PRICK of the highest order please f*** off and die you ****!

- Someone's PM in response to my first post on here :laugh:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No problem at all. I did ten years there and I still live just across the road! Great asset to the City.

Lucky you,despite me having a family member work there for a number of years too,i failed at the interview stage......it's a great asset though like you say,we are very fortunate to have them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I always thought I would call it Falmer but since going the Amex is what I call it, I suppose if the naming rights company was some stupid long name I may have thought different

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Mate.......................
......................you are clearly a PRICK of the highest order please f*** off and die you ****!

- Someone's PM in response to my first post on here :laugh:

Agree that the die bit was out of order, as for the rest...............

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I always thought I would call it Falemer but since going the Amex is what I call it, I suppose if the naming rights company was some stupid long name I may have thought different

You'd call it Falmer, but with an italian accent ?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Breaking News: Greg Stanley and Business partner Bill Archer has stepped forward with a bid for Brighton FC...in a £300m deal they wish to purchase the club and name the stadium......The GregArch .....

The question at the beginning of the thread is specifically about The Amex. If the stadium was going to be called, say, " The Union Carbide Stadium," then my answer would have been different.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
If it helped pay for the thing, they could have called it 'Tony Bloom's Incredible Spunk Den' and I'd have still been happy with it.
Brilliant!

I'm surprised how easy it's been to slip into calling it The Amex (amused to hear the company doesn't like that abbreviated name!) and makes life easier than Falmer as the missus goes to the health club there which we all call "Falmer" too despite it now being Virgin Active (this week's change of name for the place). I NEVER got into referring to Withdean as Withdean Stadium, or even more so, "The" Withdean which seemed common in the media. Whereas...of course...it was always "The Goldstone"!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Agree with all those who point out that Amex have been a major employer in the city over many years - in fact, the major private-sector employer, if I'm not wrong - so good on 'em.

Funny how nobody seems to be queuing up for the naming rights of Selhurst or Fratton ...

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Brilliant!

I'm surprised how easy it's been to slip into calling it The Amex (amused to hear the company doesn't like that abbreviated name!) and makes life easier than Falmer as the missus goes to the health club there which we all call "Falmer" too despite it now being Virgin Active (this week's change of name for the place). I NEVER got into referring to Withdean as Withdean Stadium, or even more so, "The" Withdean which seemed common in the media. Whereas...of course...it was always "The Goldstone"!

.......you forgot to say "....these peas are nice"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here