Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 128 37.6%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 192 56.5%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
I am a strong anti-trumper as you know but just I can't warm to Harris at all. I knew nothing about her when she became elevated to candidate, and was initially excited. But it turns out the more I see of her the more she reminds me of some of the more irritating people I deal with in my workspace.

People who don't respond in timely manner to emails. People who initiate correspondence that is 90% 'background' and 10% 'action request' with the latter written in an ambiguous manner. And follow up questions are answered by reference to previous ambiguous correspondence or hyperlinks to committee policy statements. "But what do you want me to do" I say. Then it turns out the email doesn't apply to me and I was supposed to have realized that all by myself.

Perhaps I'm being unfair. But I didn't get where I am today by being fair. :wink:
I’m not a big fan of Trump, as you know. But posters on here know as much about Harris as I know about Kier Starmer, nothing.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
There is a serious point. I would have thought that Harris would be miles ahead in the polls, but she isn't. There has to be a reason for that beyond racism and MAGA wankpuffinry. Something about her ambience, maybe?

A bit like Starmer - I'm not disappointed with him because of the suits or the hamfisted winter fuel nonsense. There is just something off. Something suety. The endless repetition about his mother (I can't remember what it is she did for a living, now, but I seem to recall being told repeatedly) was.....weird.

I'm not expecting @lasvegan to explain yet again why he's backing Trump, and can live with a disagreement about this (I would happily back Harris, even Keith or Chopper, albeit probably not Rolf, given a choice).

But illuminating the odd lack of massive lead by Harris is useful, I think.

I could of course be wrong :thumbsup:
When have you ever been wrong? Apart from Tony Blair that is…😉

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When have you ever been wrong? Apart from Tony Blair that is…😉
I can't remember if I was wrong for loving the early optimism or for sneering at the needless WMD debacle. Or for despairing of conviction politicians.

When I think of conviction, I think of Squatter and the ant.

I'm glad you know nothing of Starmer. It bodes well, because an anonymous leader, in these interesting times, cannot be anything other than something that is for the best :cool:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
During Covid when Trump was president & Boris was PM, some of my time was spent wondering WTF are they talking about. Boris was just a crap ditherer, out of his depth (fair enough as no one expects that when they become PM). Trump was a source of humour for me during lockdown, the disinfectant & UV stuff (they may have merit I have no idea or really care) but the whole way he went about it, just made me laugh in astonishment. It was funny, as you could just say they're a bit nuts in the USA (no offence intended to the sane members/readers of this board).

Trump is becoming more tangoed by the day and I suspect he isn't using sunbeds & getting UV light as the orangeness is becoming more ridiculous. Sunbeds 'tan' you all over & don't turn you orange. I imagine that he probably looks in the mirror several times a day. How on earth can he not see that he looks like a 6 year old that has got hold of their Nans foundation & put it on whilst wearing sunglasses & headphones., Or a 16 year old that has tried self tanning lotion without reading the instructions properly. I can't see someone trying to add to their customer base by saying they apply his fake tan. I know that this is a ridiculous thing to pick up on but why is no one telling him he needs to learn blending techniques with tanning lotion, if they are, why isn't he listening?

So... no one has managed to persuade him his orange face looks ridiculous, even Elon Musk, the richest man in the world (I haven't fact checked that), who is putting millions into his campaign, hasn't mentioned it either (f**K knows where Melania is). If Musk had good intentions he'd tell him his face was orange & looks ridiculous. Musk is currently giving out prize money for people to register to vote. Musk a few years ago was just someone who owned a few companies namely Tesla & was a bit of an innovator. Now his kids don't have proper names, he owns X (the alleged free speech social media platform), has a line of satellites floating so close to the earth that you can see them more often than the space station, that are providing internet & he offered the Starlink internet to Ukraine when Russia first invaded. What happened with that? I don't know the answer!
There's a greedy orange twat that has no clue what he's doing, being egged on by a very rich twat who wants to add more things to his playground. It's a dangerous combination without adding 'actual' things that are happening already. If Trump & Musk win the election I'm not going to be thrilled to be part of NATO. If I was a deep and intellectual person who had paid more attention to 1984 at school, I'd be thinking of dystopia.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
He previously praised Trump during the forest fires and covid

There is enough to go at him for rather than finding evidence to counter what Newsome says here, helps Trump no end

Newsome however should have been the nominee and I imagine will be at the next election, I imagine he would have been miles ahead of Trump now.
That "praise" was all part of the "grovelling" process that Newsom states was necessary to secure Trump's help.

He remained dependent on Trump's help and support all the while Trump was president so he did what he knew was necessary, which was to appeal to Trump's vanity, and obviously not to his humanity, so you can take that "praise" with a pinch of salt.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Edit: I've found the answer to my own question at the end of the video.

What ages are the following groups at the moment?

Baby Boomers (born between 1946 and 1964)
Generation X (born between 1965 and 1980)
Millennials (born between 1981 and 1996)
Generation Z (born between1997 and 2012)

I keep seeing them mentioned in polling reports but don't have a clue who they are.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Musk is perhaps more interested in Vance being President than Trump. Trump could just be the means to that end for Musk. The next stage might be for Trump to be removed from office on mental/health grounds by the VP.

The question I am unsure of is whether Vance is part of Putin's plan. My heart says yes, my head is uncertain for now.

Last edited:

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
We’ve had 4 years of Trump and 4 years of Biden/Harris. The last 4 years have been a shit show, infinitely worse.
Trump inherited an economy booming after 8 years of Obama's presidency.

Biden inherited an economy in the toilet, a country and world facing a health crisis and a Congress determined to allow him to do absolutely nothing at all.

The presidencies are incomparable and what Biden's administration has achieved puts Trump's to shame. That's objective reality, but let's see what fantasy world nonsense gets posted in a desperate response.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Musk is perhaps more interested in Vance being President than Trump. Trump could just be the means to that end for Musk. The next stage might be for Trump to be removed from office on mental/health grounds by the VP.

The question I am unsure of is whether Vance is part of Putin's plan. My heart says yes, my head is uncertain for now.
I can't believe that wasn't obvious from the start? Vance was the pick of the tech billionaires, in particular Peter Thiel. The men with the actual money who are running things for the Trump campaign. Vance is their guy and the presumptive nominee in 4 years time, so long as he keeps doing what he's currently doing and to be fair to him, he's a much more reasonable public speaker than Trump (that's a very low bar).

I don't think Putin really cares who will follow Trump, the Trump cultists are going to be up for grabs whatever happens. One thing is certain - Trump wouldn't finish a full term and Vance would find himself inheriting the presidency at some point in the next 4 years.

Luckily, the presidency will be Kamala Harris' so there won't be any shenanigans ending with the 25th amendment being enacted.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That "praise" was all part of the "grovelling" process that Newsom states was necessary to secure Trump's help.

He remained dependent on Trump's help and support all the while Trump was president so he did what he knew was necessary, which was to appeal to Trump's vanity, and obviously not to his humanity, so you can take that "praise" with a pinch of salt.

So why should we take what he's saying now as the truth a couple of weeks before the election if he's played the game in the past?

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
So why should we take what he's saying now as the truth a couple of weeks before the election if he's played the game in the past?
Maybe because he was playing the game of trying to get his people the help they needed, because Trump is a massive narcissist (allegedly) and needs fluffing to do even the most basic of things a leader should do?

Anyone with half a braincell still working can see that Trump is not fit to lead, but those that vote/advocate for him have their reasons, so who am I to argue, assuming they're being genuine with those reasons.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Maybe you should watch your own link, he doesn't suggest injecting bleach he said maybe use some kind of disinfectant, its quite clear he was speculating.
"The President of the USA was only speculating (without any basis of logic, aforthought or knowledge) live on TV about injecting disinfectant" - oh! well that's OK then!! FFS!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Trump won't last long as President will he ? His mental/physical health won't last the 4 years.

So that would mean President Vance. Is that a good prospect ?
No

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here