Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You think the likes of Ben White are going to want to play 2nd tier football when a promoted Leeds want him? An Argentinian full international wanting to play in the Championship? You're deluded.

You think 19 and 20 year olds with a handful of top flight appearances between them are going to refuse to play for a top championship side they're under contract to? Deluded.

But who says we're going to be in the championship anyway next year? Not me. I was just getting excited about the youth talent were accumulating, why are you talking us down?

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
More than the £100m+ we get in the TV rights for being in the PL?? And where does that leave us with bouning back up if we sell all the best players to make this up?

That’s the spirit! We are doomed. Tony Bloom doesn’t know what he is doing but you know better.
Was I stood near you on the East stand?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We've signed ONE player who is actually new to the club. He is 19 and hasn't played ONE whole full premier league football match. We have been shocking coming into the window and desperately short of confidence with one striker who has scored more than one goal. If he gets injured we have 36 year old Murray playing out his last season probably and a total one goal novice who isn't ready for this level of football yet. I'm astounded people think this is even close to a good window.

Give me a striker than this lot anyday.
3/10

Most those players wont want to be with us when we are in the Championship.

But we're not going to be in the Championship the ways things are going. We've been above the relegation zone all season and now we're even stronger on selection of players thanks to this Januarys transfer window.

Why are you both so negative about our chances now? Do you seriously believe we had a chance of bringing in someone upfront who would suddenly come in and bang us in a load of goals at this level to keep us up? This isn't league 2 where you can bring in some young gun from Bristol Rovers who bangs in over 25 goals on his debut season whilst consistently making the opposition defenders look like amateurs. This is arguably the highest level of football in the world. IF there was a striker who you knew could bang in a 20+ goals a season at this level or at least come in and transform a team from relegation battling to suddenly finishing mid table in the Prem, do you really think we'd have been the only team looking at him? and do you really think he'd have joined us considering how many giant football clubs would obviously be dying for a striker like that? Gold dust comes to mind for some reason.

We're Brighton and bloody Hove Albion FFS. Lets keep thing realistic please. We don't want to keep spending multiple millions on strikers who at this level will probably be no better than what we've already got. Haven't you seen enough highly expensive strikers join us who don't look anything too special in this division? Why sign more? Unless you can tell us of this striker we clearly should've signed?

Come on Mr and Mrs Miserable, lets be positive with where we are and what we've got. We're hardly Norwich FC. We've got a huge chance of being in this division next season. Time to start being positive me thinks, after all, it does help

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Potentially a brilliant signing, we need pace on that right side and this guy will give us exactly that and should fit our style of play perfectly.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But we're not going to be in the Championship the ways things are going. We've been above the relegation zone all season and now we're even stronger on selection of players thanks to this Januarys transfer window.

Why are you both so negative about our chances now? Do you seriously believe we had a chance of bringing in someone upfront who would suddenly come in and bang us in a load of goals at this level to keep us up? This isn't league 2 where you can bring in some young gun from Bristol Rovers who bangs in over 25 goals on his debut season whilst consistently making the opposition defenders look like amateurs. This is arguably the highest level of football in the world. IF there was a striker who you knew could bang in a 20+ goals a season at this level or at least come in and transform a team from relegation battling to suddenly finishing mid table in the Prem, do you really think we'd have been the only team looking at him? and do you really think he'd have joined us considering how many giant football clubs would obviously be dying for a striker like that? Gold dust comes to mind for some reason.

We're Brighton and bloody Hove Albion FFS. Lets keep thing realistic please. We don't want to keep spending multiple millions on strikers who at this level will probably be no better than what we've already got. Haven't you seen enough highly expensive strikers join us who don't look anything too special in this division? Why sign more? Unless you can tell us of this striker we clearly should've signed?

Come on Mr and Mrs Miserable, lets be positive with where we are and what we've got. We're hardly Norwich FC. We've got a huge chance of being in this division next season. Time to start being positive me thinks, after all, it does help
Great post. Even the mighty Man U have resorted to signing players like Ighalo........(2 years in the Chinese league after leaving Watford). All the negativity does my head in, it's no wonder it's extended to the crowd.....it wasn't that long ago we were almost in league 1......

If we lose today I'm not poking my nose into NSC for a bit [emoji23][emoji23]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Too good to go down.

That's the spirit :thumbsup:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Well said sir.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I assume this was all part of the Lampty deal but I'm surprised that Tony was prepared to take a cartoon character off Chelsea's hands, even if only as a loan:

14:50 - Charlie Brown [Chelsea - Royale Union Saint-Gilloise] Loan

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Great post. Even the mighty Man U have resorted to signing players like Ighalo........(2 years in the Chinese league after leaving Watford). All the negativity does my head in, it's no wonder it's extended to the crowd.....it wasn't that long ago we were almost in league 1......

If we lose today I'm not poking my nose into NSC for a bit [emoji23][emoji23]

The higher the tree we climb the closer we believe we are to the top. It's the blend of mixing reality with expectation.Every fan of every club has the same old problem, even Liverpool fans bemoan the wait they've indured to win the league desipte winnning the greatest prize in European football inbetween.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Got a good feeling about this kid.

Think it’s a shrewd bit of business all round for all parties. If all works well we have a long term attacking right wing back that’s perfect for GPs system. Have now watched his highlight reel (although as always, perspective needed as dependent on level of opposition) but it’s a sight to behold. Incredible pace, genuine flair and real attacking threat.

We can help him too, if he delivers this lad has all the qualities to play for England.

Well played Ashworth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here