Jan 25, 2013
Anyone else never heard of him?

Hopefully will be a good prospect

Played in 3 games for Chelsea this year including away v arsenal
Has pace skill and can defend
Is pretty small at 5ft 4 so do t expect a lot set play wise
Prob a perfect wing back in my opinion
According to BBC is rated as one of the best young defenders around
Lampard and Chelsea wanted to keep him but seems he wants to be playing now.
Suspect he will be 1str choice soon and for a few years to come

We seem to be trying to build a real core of young players who we can improve
This lad, Ben white, alzate, Connolly and Alex Mac all 22 or younger
Few other lads in the founder age groups also pushing on
Looks a good future.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is he into the U23 squad then, or do we think he’ll get a chance in the first team?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
And here he is.

6CB8117C-239E-4161-B084-A831CEBD2A9B.jpeg

He does look quite young.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Played in 3 games for Chelsea this year including away v arsenal
Has pace skill and can defend
Is pretty small at 5ft 4 so do t expect a lot set play wise
Prob a perfect wing back in my opinion
According to BBC is rated as one of the best young defenders around
Lampard and Chelsea wanted to keep him but seems he wants to be playing now.
Suspect he will be 1str choice soon and for a few years to come

We seem to be trying to build a real core of young players who we can improve
This lad, Ben white, alzate, Connolly and Alex Mac all 22 or younger
Few other lads in the founder age groups also pushing on
Looks a good future.

It's all very laudable building for the future, but we also need to deal with the here and now.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It's all very laudable building for the future, but we also need to deal with the here and now.

Don’t get me wrong I agree we do. But the club has a structure that at the moment we are not prepared to break. We can’t really compete at the top end in the PL in terms of transfer fees or wages and if we stay in the PL in all honesty the only way the club will survive long term is to invest in youth and develop players. Some will potentially go to top clubs for big money and that money can then be re invested in established players. RB Leipzig do this very well in Germany and it is a model that works if you get the right young players in.
Not everyone will work. But 3 million on this kid and £7.5 on McAllister currently looks great business compared to some money we have wasted and I’d rather we have young Hungary players a go rather than over paid wasters who trot around the pitch

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Don’t get me wrong I agree we do. But the club has a structure that at the moment we are not prepared to break. We can’t really compete at the top end in the PL in terms of transfer fees or wages and if we stay in the PL in all honesty the only way the club will survive long term is to invest in youth and develop players. Some will potentially go to top clubs for big money and that money can then be re invested in established players. RB Leipzig do this very well in Germany and it is a model that works if you get the right young players in.
Not everyone will work. But 3 million on this kid and £7.5 on McAllister currently looks great business compared to some money we have wasted and I’d rather we have young Hungary players a go rather than over paid wasters who trot around the pitch

I believe Gyökeres' roots lie in Budapest.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Just watched Tariqs introduction bit on MyAlbion TV. Something tells me he's not here for the U23's. Says he's quick, tenacious and a bit of a smiler. Chuck him in against Watford, let's see if he does anything of note.....without pissing off our supporters!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Taylor Richards probably didn't believe he'd be swapping Man. City's U23s for ours either.

We're the 16th best team in the country, it's not easy to break into our first team, nor should it be. Taylor Richards made his professional debut for Brighton, City didn't give him the chance. Lamptey had played three times for Chelsea's first team, he may be very precocious, he may need more seasoning, we will see

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Imagine what our team could look like in 3-4 years? Keep focusing on that and the here and now doesnt seem to matter as much! The future looks bright, the future is blue and white :thumbsup:

How many of the 'top youth' will leave close to the end of their contracts, for peanuts, if we arent in the PL though?

Can't see Ben White, Richards, Lamptey et al, hanging around in the Championship.

We arent in it, but Im not very hopeful now that we havent got a striker in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here