Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supermarkets....

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
I work at Asda:nono: and it is crap. Their own brand food tastes like :censored:. The only thing it's good for is cheaper proper brands, but the range of stuff sold is pretty dire sometimes. The pay's good though!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I send the wife to waitrose. We'll not have any Asda labels in the house.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There you go....told you Asda is crap

I am a snob and proud of it:eek:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Asda here is a pikey-fest, although the enormous Asda-Walmart is worth a visit for sheer novelty value.

The only worthwhile purchase from Asda are the 'hand-made' pizzas which are bloody nice (especially the stonebaked bases) and fantastic value. Puts any sort of frozen boxed pizza to shame.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Highfields Seagull said:
Though ASDA do osome damn fine pizzas from the made to order pizza counter :)

I had a great one the other week, Cheese,Bacon, Mushroom and Chicken fantastic!

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Bozza said:
Asda here is a pikey-fest, although the enormous Asda-Walmart is worth a visit for sheer novelty value.

The only worthwhile purchase from Asda are the 'hand-made' pizzas which are bloody nice (especially the stonebaked bases) and fantastic value. Puts any sort of frozen boxed pizza to shame.

Good call, the stonebaked bases are the best. I'm rather partial to a "hot and spicy" pizza - delicious.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Well now it appears that my Mum is a pikey. I like to go to Asda as well now and again (24 hrs here so no Sat morning battle) as a change from Tesco.

I agree that some own label foods are not worth the value but some are exactly the same ingredients.

Have you checked out proprietary medicines. Immodium for example Tesco's own brand are over £1 cheaper and exactly the same. I asked the pharmacist to check it for me to be sure.

You are lucky in that you've never had to watch the pennies.

And relax

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I do watch my pennies, but I would rather watch them in my wallett than have "common people " watch them over my shoulder

Yorkie, you know I love you really!!!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Note: I said Asda here is pikey-land.

(Looks for Nail-Z-Gull to back him up on the 'merits' of Asda Bedminster.)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Typhoo decaffeinated tea (80 bags) £1.77 in Asda, £2.08 in Safeway. I can't comprehend why anyone would shop in either Safeway or Sainsburys unless they just enjoy getting ripped off with the massive mark-ups. Asda la vista baby.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
dave the gaffer said:
I do watch my pennies, but I would rather watch them in my wallett than have "common people " watch them over my shoulder

Yorkie, you know I love you really!!!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

:sick:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Cheeky Monkey said:
Typhoo decaffeinated tea (80 bags) £1.77 in Asda, £2.08 in Safeway. .

How the :censored: do you know that ?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Never look at prices myself,but no doubt hard up folk with morgages etc do.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

What about liddles as they are cheap i hear:lolol:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Deano's Right Foot said:
I've seen more fights in ASDA Hollingbury (1) than I've seen at Withdean (0). Two women going at it hammer and tongs in the fruit and veg section - very entertaining. Since then the missus says its common and prefers to spend thirty quid more a week at Sainsburys! :rolleyes:
while working i saw a proper punch up in the car park so 2 - 0 asda !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here