Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supermarkets....

Safeway....

... is f***ing expensive.

Did you know that two corn on the cobs cost £1.77 in Safeway, and i went shopping in Asda last night and the same product was 74p?

Similarly, a four pack of Asda Strawberry Mousses is 66p, whearas in Safeway the cost is almost a pound dearer.

Unbelievable.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I find that hard to believe.
Safeway have really improved their supermarket on St James Street in the last couple of years though, especially their Fresh Bread, i used to think only Sainsburys could bake a decent French Stick but Safeway really have improved.

Well Done:clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Asda is excellent but you really could do with some Morrison supermarkets down in Sussex.

They are the biggest rivals to Asda around here whereas Saisnbury's and Tesco's are on a par.

Safeway? Wouldn't go near it

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Asda curry pot can't be beat tho

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Asda is full of very common people.

M&S Food halls rule

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Asda? Get real, they have a rubbish selection. Cheap and nasty if you ask me.

Saino's is where its at baby.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Keymarkets...sorry Gateways...no wait its now Somerfield...THEY ROCK for Strawberrys :D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Do Goring. They have all one side of the building called Market Street and is totally devoted to fresh foods.

The local one is on Wakefield Rd at Waterloo.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I nearly went there yesterday.

I stayed on the bus right the way down to Poole Valley and everything. But I changed my mind and went home.

I will, however, be going to Sainsbury's tonight.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Asda? Get real, they have a rubbish selection. Cheap and nasty if you ask me.

Saino's is where its at baby.

:clap: couldn't agree more, sainsurys in Hove, is the only way to spend an hour with the generall public while buying lots of food !! Asda drive me mad, MAD I TELL YOU

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Goring Gull has great tits...........sorry what were we talking about. Oh yeah cucumber over priced, true.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I prefer tescos asdas food is cheap but not very nice and sainsburys don't stay open 24 hour but tescos do. I go shopping with the missis about 10 or 11 pm on a week night and th eplace is empty and the shelves are stocked. Sounds good to me.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I've seen more fights in ASDA Hollingbury (1) than I've seen at Withdean (0). Two women going at it hammer and tongs in the fruit and veg section - very entertaining. Since then the missus says its common and prefers to spend thirty quid more a week at Sainsburys! :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here