Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stop Exploiting Loyalty - FSA Campaign

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I would recommend people review the thread to be clear, but for the avoidance of doubt:

BHAFCSC made this decision after consultation with other supporters groups, and the FAB. As per the original post.

Upon seeing a mixed response on this thread, but with a not insignificant number of voices who expressed their belief that our fans should be involved with the campaign - we want to support fans to do so. We want to help and empower fans in this situation, and ensure a reflection of fan view to the club - that's the 'advisory' part I suppose, so the club can understand more and strive to improve.

We do not need club permission. This is fundamentally inaccurate. We think it would be beneficial and courteous to communicate to them the position taken, hence the suggestion of support in this communication.

On the chosen messaging, that is only for us to express our view, but we will be led entirely by consensus. FWIW, I can see fans of the likes of Bury, Reading, wondering what such a well run club like Brighton have to protest about - so it is important how we communicate this. Exploitation of fans, especially financially is a serious issue and it's absolutely worth making a point about it in the right way.

For all the comments easily made about how important it is we are involved in this, to date I am yet to receive communication from anyone on their wish to drive it forward.

We all really want to help, want to reflect the views of fans en masse. Perhaps it would have been more sensible for us to have kept quiet and shift blame - but it remains my view that we are here to facilitate and back our fans to make their views known.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
It's not a protest by us we are v happy with the way our club is run but it's a show of support to the fans who helped us in the dark days.Any thing else is diss respectfull at a time when we should be standing shoulder to shoulder.Its our duty to back them if not we are batraying our roots.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I would recommend people review the thread to be clear, but for the avoidance of doubt:

BHAFCSC made this decision after consultation with other supporters groups, and the FAB. As per the original post.

Upon seeing a mixed response on this thread, but with a not insignificant number of voices who expressed their belief that our fans should be involved with the campaign - we want to support fans to do so. We want to help and empower fans in this situation, and ensure a reflection of fan view to the club - that's the 'advisory' part I suppose, so the club can understand more and strive to improve.

We do not need club permission. This is fundamentally inaccurate. We think it would be beneficial and courteous to communicate to them the position taken, hence the suggestion of support in this communication.

On the chosen messaging, that is only for us to express our view, but we will be led entirely by consensus. FWIW, I can see fans of the likes of Bury, Reading, wondering what such a well run club like Brighton have to protest about - so it is important how we communicate this. Exploitation of fans, especially financially is a serious issue and it's absolutely worth making a point about it in the right way.

For all the comments easily made about how important it is we are involved in this, to date I am yet to receive communication from anyone on their wish to drive it forward.

We all really want to help, want to reflect the views of fans en masse. Perhaps it would have been more sensible for us to have kept quiet and shift blame - but it remains my view that we are here to facilitate and back our fans to make their views known.
While I get that position, I thought the idea of the FAB was to take the fans ideas forward, not for other people to take it out of the FAB's hands. There aren't a lot of ways to communicate with the club on these view points, and that is what I understood would be the role of the FAB would be. What fan groups would these be, because I haven't heard of any consultation, and neither has anyone I particularly know.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
While I get that position, I thought the idea of the FAB was to take the fans ideas forward, not for other people to take it out of the FAB's hands. There aren't a lot of ways to communicate with the club on these view points, and that is what I understood would be the role of the FAB would be. What fan groups would these be, because I haven't heard of any consultation, and neither has anyone I particularly know.

We are agreeing to taking the idea forward. What we need is for fans to come forward now to say "Yes I want to be involved in this and I have a group of us who will hold up the banner etc" otherwise it won't be able to happen. We will then help organise for this to occur however needed.

@Barry Izbak likely best for you to advise the full process of decision making from your side so people are aware. I can't speak for BHAFCSC but they may well want to collaborate to help this happen based on the response of this thread.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Nowhere near the stadium then. Seems like the most decent compromise we could 'of' hoped for :clap2:
I'll happily join this protest. I understand the position taken by the BHASC in the OP as regards to not wanting to appear to be protesting against our club, but the point of the campaign itself still stands. Wolves fans themselves had to put with a lot crap re-pricing from their board and standing in solidarity with them and fans of other clubs is something we should all be happy to get involved with. See you at the Albert!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm only just back this morning from Newcastle, so now able to respond to a few of the points raised on here over the weekend. I want to clear one or two things up, and clarify our position.
  • BHASC response to this campaign has nothing to do with my former role on the FAB
  • Before deciding our response to the FSA we wrote to all the other official Albion supporters groups and the FAB and received no dissenting reactions.
  • The fans of the club at the centre of this campaign, and unhappy with our stance were not Newcastle. They were West Ham.
  • The guy who runs the FSA Premier League network is a Newcastle fan and I met him in the pub on Saturday. He said he fully understands the position we've taken.
  • BHASC do support the campaign and will encourage members and any other fans to support those fans at other clubs protesting.
  • We were offered a paid for banner as shown, but felt that this message was wrong to display at The Amex. The FSA have ordered 20 of these. There was no option to have one with a different message.
  • DOGMA have organised a demo in Brighton on Saturday at 1pm at the Albert. Wolves fans will be present, as will some BHASC members.
  • I would strongly urge everyone who is unhappy with our position to join the DOGMA protest in Brighton on Saturday and show solidarity with Wolves.
  • The whole point of this thread was to explain why there would be no FSA banner at The Amex this weekend, but to raise awareness of the campaign which many people were not even aware of.

My last line asked if we'd got this right?
    The mixed response would suggest some agreed, some didn't.
    But at least you now know about it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here