Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Squad dilemmas 24/25

Which players with 12 months remaining deserve a new contract?

• Pascal Gross

Votes: 112 93.3%
  • Joel Veltman

Votes: 88 73.3%
  • Jakub Moder

Votes: 71 59.2%
  • Tariq Lamptey

Votes: 48 40.0%

• Total voters

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Some current squad dilemmas - sorry if this could be merged elsewhere - beginning with expiring contracts

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
You'd like to think that if Pascal had made the decision that he wants to leave this summer then he would have informed the club a while ago and we'd then have got a Lallana style announcement so we could say goodbye at the last game.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
You'd like to think that if Pascal had made the decision that he wants to leave this summer then he would have informed the club a while ago and we'd then have got a Lallana style announcement so we could say goodbye at the last game.
Unless he’s undecided

Sarisbury Seagull

Solly March Fan Club
NSC Patron
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Gross, unless he wants to go back home in which case he goes with our blessing.

I wouldn’t offer Veltman or Lamptey contracts, neither fit enough.

I was encouraged by some of Moder’s performances, would like to see him play a bit more before deciding for sure but would ideally offer him an extension.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Not if we hadn't already agreed a sale - Gross is still under contract after all whereas Lallana isn't.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
If he leaves this summer, which seems quite likely, how on earth do we replace him?
My inner Barber tells me Buonanotte is supposed to be his replacement. Probably going to be a key player for us next season.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Voted for Gross, Veltman and Lamptey.

Pascal gets a new contract if he wants one, its in his hands really.
Veltman probably going to be a manager call.
Think we'll extend with Moder and loan him out. He needs to be a starter and hopefully it won't be for us because we're usually awful when he's playing. But if he has a good season in the Bundesliga or wherever we might loan him, we could probably sell him for £15m-£20m and I could see us try to make that happen.
Lamptey was one of our least bad players during the spring and I think we'll give him a new deal.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not if we hadn't already agreed a sale - Gross is still under contract after all whereas Lallana isn't.
Adama Banana is still under contract, until June.

I would offer Pascal Gross another year, (who wouldn't?), and possibly Tariq Lamptey too, l still think he has plenty to offer on his day.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Gross is clearly a wanted man for a few clubs in Germany. If Dortmund want him, it would be hard to turn down the chance at UCL football. The effect of losing him would be bigger than losing Mac Allister I feel.

Depending on wage demands I would extend Veltman, he’s still relatively young.

Moder has a chance to reignite his career with Poland at the Euros if he’s picked. If he isn’t then it’s hard to see a way back for him with us. As @Han Solo says it’s surely a loan for him.

Lamptey has shown he’s nothing short of tenacious and could flourish again if deployed carefully. In a Rydström overload situation he could be deadly. I would extend before that happens.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd assume we'd like to get a manager in place before making any decisions like this, as we have no idea what characteristics will be most valuable in our new style of play.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Surprised at the lack of love for Moder. He’s quick and physical, and can tackle well. I appreciate we’ve only seen cameos from him in the last couple of seasons, but I think it’s one where we’re going to look bloody foolish if we let him saunter off to thrive elsewhere. It’s not an area where we’ve loads of cover regardless.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Surprised at the lack of love for Moder. He’s quick and physical, and can tackle well. I appreciate we’ve only seen cameos from him in the last couple of seasons, but I think it’s one where we’re going to look bloody foolish if we let him saunter off to thrive elsewhere. It’s not an area where we’ve loads of cover regardless.
That would be so Brighton of us…

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
would think RDZ with amount of football he watched knew what players we have on loan should come back or released and also what positions in 1st team squad need strengthening . Who is now making those decisions ?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He's an excellent player. I really enjoy watching intelligent footballers and he definitely falls into that camp. Rarely makes a mistake and I suspect next season will be huge for him.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Lampty,I would keep,Gross ,I hope will do his last year and then leave on a free,(would help him ,with his German wage deal).Moder is more difficult to judge,is he happy not being first pick,as I think will be the case.If not then we move him on,personally I would want him in the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here