Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs DO SIGN Bobby!!!

Maradona

Jul 13, 2003
Jam The Man said:
All on TalkSport now... 1053 or 1089 am... Get on there and defend Bobby.. they are doubting his ability to play at that level...

Thank God it was Spurs and no-one else though

¿Cuál hay número del txt? ¡cTxt SU OPINIÓN A ELLOS!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Call me cynical but I can't see much if any of this money going to strengthen the team.DK will pump it all into the Falmer fiasco leaving us weakened.We need to buy a quality striker NOW to replace him not next month but now.This has been on the cards for months and nothing has been done up to now,reminds me of pre season last year when we left everything too late.If DK can't or won't spend it's time for him to go.I am f***ing fuming:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
from the bbc

Spurs set to sign Zamora

Zamora is an England Under-21 international
Tottenham have agreed a fee with Brighton for highly-rated striker Bobby Zamora.
The London club are now in talks with the forward as they look to boost their attacking options ahead of next season.

Spurs have been linked with the 22-year-old for over a year and boss Glenn Hoddle watched the England Under-21 international in action on numerous occasions last season.

It was assumed at the end of the season that Tottenham would make a move for the former Bristol Rovers striker.

But Brighton chairman Dick Knight accused several Premiership clubs, one of whom was believed to be Spurs, of tabling "unreasonable offers" for the club's most valuable asset.

Spurs have already signed striker Helder Postiga from Porto this summer.

But with Steffen Iversen in talks with Wolves and Teddy Sheringham having left for Portsmouth, Hoddle's needs to sign another striker.

_39291323_zamora203.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
To be honest, I'm only surprised it's taken this long. I think the only way we could have kept him was by staying up in Div 1.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
I'm thinking........................FU**ING BO***CKS SH** and CRA*

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Wozza said:
What, that we'll never see BZ play in the stripes again? Yes.

I was thinking more along the lines that he plays at Crawley, gets himself injured "accidently" and the transfer is called off! :lolol:
Now that's what i call a plan! ;)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I love Zamora but this is a blessing in disguise.
SC will use the money wisely.

Still think 1.5 m max anymore and I will be delighted.

Cheers for everything Bobby.
U R a living legend.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Do you think Camillin was sitting watching sky sports with a beer thinking about how to break the news to the albion fans when the story broke.

Possibly the biggest sale this club has ever made and it's hit the news, spurs official site but not a word on ours.

Tin Pot set up

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
There's no way he'll be allowed to play against Crawley. Spurs will want him nice and fit so he can take up his position on their bench.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As far as Bobby's concerned, good luck to him, it's been a privilege watching him play for our team and I wish him all the best for the future. Without him we'd have never got the two promotions. I only hope that in Hoddle, an under-pressure boss if they get a bad start, and Spurs, a team whose fans are notorious for getting on the backs of players after years in the wilderness, he hasn't chosen the wrong club at the wrong time.

As for us, the crucial things are that Steve gets immediately on the case now he knows what he's got to spend. We need three or four players to be a credible force in Div Two, and to stabilise dressing room morale. And we need some honesty about the fee, and the reasons for accepting it.

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ditto

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
munster monch said:
Do you think Camillin was sitting watching sky sports with a beer thinking about how to break the news to the albion fans when the story broke.

Possibly the biggest sale this club has ever made and it's hit the news, spurs official site but not a word on ours.

Tin Pot set up

Yeah lets waste money on a good website :rolleyes:

Oh well, might as well make my new board debut on the most distressing of topics. I feel both good and bad with this news, which frankly has been hanging like a sword of damocles over the club for ages.

For Bobby I'm pleased, he needed to progress his career and another season in div 2 was going to do him no favours. He's pushed himself up the pecking order as far as the U21's is concerned and a good year will see him vying for a subs spot in one of eriksonn's let's give everyone a game friendlies. He has been an absolute joy to watch for the last few years, a genuine all time great, and I, lucky bandwagon jumping cockney bastard that I am, got to see the best he had to give.

Also, let's be honest, we needed him to go. The money for new signings was going to come from nowhere else. Hopefully we will clear 1 to 1.5million from the deal, which in the present climate is the best we could have hoped for. Hopefully SC will now be able to go and start getting the players he wants from his to-buy list. I get the feeling that Coppell will not be too distressed tonight, but view this as an opportunity to put some his plans into action. If steve can now get in the players he wants with these funds, which I think he will get too spend, then I think a bounce back is definitely possible.

Whilst I would not agree that we were entirely a one man team, I did feel we were overly reliant on Bob for the goals, and maybe we can come out of this as more all-round team, rather than one with a single focal point. New players, new blood are what we need now. A chance to enter a new post BZ era.

I'd like to think we have sent him on his way with a chance to further a glittering career, and that with the cash from his sale, he can send us on a new adventure.

Roll on the 9th of August!

Van der Gully

Jul 10, 2003
Brunssum, NL
Tooting, do you think that any of the people who boarded the Titanic thought that they were getting onto the wrong ship or that the man at the helm wasn't up to it, probably not.

All the best Bobby and thanks for all the entertainment that you have given us, but why oh why does it have to be Spurs?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Turkey said:
Yeah lets waste money on a good website :rolleyes:

It's called good PR, something this club has forgotten about since it has had a captive audience and doesn't actually cost very much believe it not

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
I haven't used the offical website for months. NSC is the only source for upto date news, and a whole load of bollocks rumours too. ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here