Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs DO SIGN Bobby!!!

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
f***! Shock. Horror.

There has been almost constant speculation about Zamora leaving over the past few seasons, that although I accepted he would go at some point – I still can’t quite believe it looks like it will happen.

Cheers Zamora for all you did – you were a major catalyst for what we have achieved over the last three seasons.

I just hope Spurs play fair over the fee. As potentially the only worse news than this is if he ends up going for £1 million or there abouts.

Wozza

Custom title
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Squiffy said:
What do we reckon? Hopefully £3m+ and all up front, none of this instalments based upon appearances rubbish. BZ has been only good for BHA and not a bad return for £100k. DAMN! Just remembered Bristol R get a third of any fee:ohmy:

£3m cash!?!? That's a bit unrealistic I'd say.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I wanna wish Bob good luck and say thanks blah blah blah but i cant help thinking Hoddle will f*** up his career like he has done with a lot of players...

Also Dick, you better fuckin put the cash back into the team NOW!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
We need to pocket about 2.3mil after deductions or its just not worth it. It better be an upfront deal and not an over time deal.
Ps. Coppell on Talksport in next 2 hours or so.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?HOW MUCH?

???

pissoffpalace

Jul 7, 2003
Hove
What the hell is everyone so upset about. You are only as good as your last game and last season he wasnt good (only when a scout from a big club came along). He thinks he is football god. Spurs will knock him down a peg or two.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Its a sad sad day. Bloody tottenham hotspur. Why couldn't chelsea have joined the bidding? :(

where were the rumours? For the past 3 seasons barely two days have passed without him being linked to some club or other. How come he's suddenly gone when its been quiet on the rumour front? Why weren't there rumours to soften the blow? Damn.

I hope we get a decent amount for him. And can we start campaigning to get him brighton and hove cannonised now?

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
Good Luck Bobby.

Anyone know what the fee is ?

Maradona

Jul 13, 2003
Su una vergüenza él va, pero su para el mejor. Buen bobby de la suerte.

No sé porqué fijo bajo este nombre, o en español... apenas . Los estímulos lo arruinarán.

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
From Skysports.com

Tottenham have agreed a fee believed to be in the region of 2million for Brighton striker Bobby Zamora.

England Under-21 Zamora has looked destined for the Premiership for some time after three stand-out years with Brighton, who were relegated from Division One last season.

Spurs need to reinforce their light-weight attack after releasing skipper Teddy Sheringham, Les Ferdinand's departure to West Ham in January and Steffen Iversen's imminent exit.

Glenn Hoddle, under pressure to whitewash last season's failure, has already pounced for young Portuguese hot-shot Helder Postiga, paying 6.25million to Porto for his services.

And he could be part of a brand-new frontline at White Hart Lane, with Zamora almost certain to move back to London, the city of his birth.

Zamora plundered 56 league goals as the Withdean club stormed to back-to-back Third and Second Division titles in 2001 and 2002.

2 million???????

that's about 1.3 mill for us then, enough for all the players we need assuming it ALL goes to coppell?

Maradona

Jul 13, 2003
Blue&WhiteSea said:
Will he still play a goodbye game on saturday vs Crawley?

Buena idea. Nos pienso debo hacer eso, le doy un fairwell apropiado. ¿Qué usted piensa?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
All on TalkSport now... 1053 or 1089 am... Get on there and defend Bobby.. they are doubting his ability to play at that level...

Thank God it was Spurs and no-one else though

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Very very sad ....................now Coppell must be given a good proportion of this money to re-build.

Things that now need to happen:-

Hunt to sign to replace Brooker
2 strikers have to be bought
a centre back is crucial
cover for Kuipers is needed
more depth in the middle

:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here