Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] spurs april 1978 *roll call*

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Was also there that day, started out in the North, ended up along the West.
Was at Spurs Away earlier in the season too - almost just as spicy.
Btw, who were the last club to 'take the North' before we lost the Goldstone ?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Was that the game where some smart alec decided it would be ok to fill the west half of the North stand with Millwall?. 2-0 down and came back to win 3-2 , remember thinking Oooohhhh Shhhit :oops:
I think Mullery pretty well sent the team back out onto the pitch as they came off at half time in that game?

What a comeback that was

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Was also there that day, started out in the North, ended up along the West.
Was at Spurs Away earlier in the season too - almost just as spicy.
Btw, who were the last club to 'take the North' before we lost the Goldstone ?
Remember West Ham getting in the north stand early eighties, 82? Seem to recall them running in at the end when the gates opened. Some Brighton jumping over the fence into ‘no man’s land’ then once people realised there wasn’t many of them, they started steaming in.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I was there with my wife's dad, we started out in the North West corner and ended up in the South stand via the pitch!
Great game though.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I was milling around outside the ground as I couldnt get a ticket. It was crazy, so many (spurs fans) came up to me an said they've gone 1 up. Trouble breaking out everywhere, on the way in to the ground at the back of the south stand, a spurs fan had climbed over the railings of the church and had become impaled on a spike, it had gone deep into him about an inch or so from his todger and he couldnt move, I didn't hang around for the outcome but I was surprised at how little noise he was making. I remember over hearing a policeman say 'what the home fans don't seem to realise is the spurs hooligans arent teenagers, theyre 25-30 year olds' Different times completely from the matchday experiences of today, It's something that I don't miss.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Mad mad mad weekend. The WHL 0-0 was epic (off-field). As anyone who was in Brighton for the April return fixture weekend will testify - the town, seafront & Goldstone was a war zone.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
I was there in the north stand with my dad. I was a very young, scrawny 13 year old at the time and found the experience pretty terrifying. Ended up being pulled onto the pitch for safety by a copper. There was a thread which talked about this match not long ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here