Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sports that are not in The Olympics that should be

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I like your thinking. have to be cycle speedway though as when it comes to the olympics the human has
to supply the power to the machine their riding and not an engine.

Just give them exactly the same bikes with exactly the same engines and it all depends
on the human. Seriously, speedway is such a spectacular sport that they should find
a way to include it in the Olympics. Anyway - sailing is an olympic sport and the power
for the boats isn't exactly supplied by humans, is it?

Must get back over to Poland again for another speedway meeting. bloody mental out there!

Have you been to Motoarena in Toruń? It's the best speedway arena in Poland
and Toruń is always a good team to watch.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Sorry to be boring but I just think that an Olympic medal should be the pinnacle of that sport. It is a joke having football and tennis and golf and rugby would fall into the same category. Where does an Olympic gold in football rank?....below World Cup, Euro's, Copa America and Champions League for starters. Show me any tennis player who would value Olympic gold above one of the four slams. Likewise with golf. Rugby would always value the world cup higher and argubably the six nations.
Suggest squash, speedway and darts but only if the Olympics is the highest that those sports can aspire to.
I know this thread has a light-heartedness about it but I have a major bee in my bonnet about it and will never be persuaded otherwise.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Sorry to be boring but I just think that an Olympic medal should be the pinnacle of that sport. It is a joke having football and tennis and golf and rugby would fall into the same category. Where does an Olympic gold in football rank?....below World Cup, Euro's, Copa America and Champions League for starters. Show me any tennis player who would value Olympic gold above one of the four slams. Likewise with golf. Rugby would always value the world cup higher and argubably the six nations.
Suggest squash, speedway and darts but only if the Olympics is the highest that those sports can aspire to.
I know this thread has a light-heartedness about it but I have a major bee in my bonnet about it and will never be persuaded otherwise.

Agree with you totally, introduction of golf in next Olympics is just wrong & I reckon you can include basketball in your list, since it was opened up to professional players. If sports like that are in the Olympics it should at least be restricted to young players (23 for football is too old), not established multi millionaires.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Just give them exactly the same bikes with exactly the same engines and it all depends
on the human. Seriously, speedway is such a spectacular sport that they should find
a way to include it in the Olympics. Anyway - sailing is an olympic sport and the power
for the boats isn't exactly supplied by humans, is it?

Have you been to Motoarena in Toruń? It's the best speedway arena in Poland
and Toruń is always a good team to watch.

Not been to Torun. Thougn it looks a fantastic stadium from what i've seen of it on TV. Certainly on my to do list. Been to Wroclaw for the Speedway world cup and Leszno for a league meeting. Seriously scary stuff. Was like being a throwback to football in the 80's here in England! The home fans firing fireworks and lobbing bricks into the away end! Though i was sitting in the main stand. Think it was a local derby as the home fans also set fire to several flags that belonged to the away team. Certainly an eye opener and the poles around me and my mate kept us informed throughout about what was happening and looked after us well.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
PES Online Multiplayer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here