Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sports that are not in The Olympics that should be

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
i would say so

Got no problem with your opinion, many people think darts is a sport. My opinion of a sport, is something that keeps you fit.

Some people think fishing is a sport (which i participate in), but no way is it a sport, it's a past time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Amen.

Went to see the British Open at the O2 last month - brilliant. Glass box court can be set up just about anywhere, HD cameras make the ball easy to see on TV, scandal it's not in the Olympics, a real success at the commonwealth games!
I don't even like the sport.
But:-
It is a sport.
It is played internationally.
It would be the pinnacle of the event.

What more (other than oodles of cash) does it need.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
its a fair question, one that should be asked of alot of other events that a really just glorified exercise. on balance i reckon darts qualifies ahead of things like synchronised swimming, dressage, or anything relying on judges.

Is archery in the olympics, if it is, it shouldn't be, imho

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Got no problem with your opinion, many people think darts is a sport. My opinion of a sport, is something that keeps you fit.

Some people think fishing is a sport (which i participate in), but no way is it a sport, it's a past time.

See im not sure i agree i think a sport also takes skill and hitting a 9 darter is well like getting a hole in one in golf etc.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
See im not sure i agree i think a sport also takes skill and hitting a 9 darter is well like getting a hole in one in golf etc.

Fair enough mate, at the end of the the day its about opinions. As for archery, it's glorified darts isn't it. :lolol:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Fair enough mate, at the end of the the day its about opinions. As for archery, it's glorified darts isn't it. :lolol:

Not at all mate Archery is very very hard on the upper body. Me and my partner shoot alot she is very very good, i am shite but the pain the following day is hell.

I really need to work on my upper body

Oct 25, 2003
cricket and rugby are both obvious omissions........both are big in several countries but i'm not keen on olympic events that aren't the pinnacle of their sport

MMA would be cool and is a rapidly growing spectator sport

and if they have MMA, then why not wrestling? i know they have proper wrestling (you know, the actual sport), i mean WWE style (without the fixed result, but with the actual moves, the storylines, backstage TRASH TALKING, gimmicks etc.).........would be great to see the rock LAYING THE SMACKDOWN on some JABRONI to clinch olympic gold....USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
cricket and rugby are both obvious omissions........both are big in several countries but i'm not keen on olympic events that aren't the pinnacle of their sport

MMA would be cool and is a rapidly growing spectator sport

and if they have MMA, then why not wrestling? i know they have proper wrestling (you know, the actual sport), i mean WWE style (without the fixed result, but with the actual moves, the storylines, backstage TRASH TALKING, gimmicks etc.).........would be great to see the rock LAYING THE SMACKDOWN on some JABRONI to clinch olympic gold....USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

For Rugby sevens would be good, i thought it was already

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Breakdancing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here