Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Stand V Hull

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hull have sold more than 1100 tickets which means they cannot partition the South Stand

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Out of interest when they do partition this stand (Barnsley will be first I presume) how do they divide the concourse? Is there just big shutters down the middle? And therefore we'd never be able to fill more than half of the South stand even if the away team only brought say 100?

Renns

Renns Junior
Nov 8, 2006
Huddersfield/Birmingham
Out of interest when they do partition this stand (Barnsley will be first I presume) how do they divide the concourse? Is there just big shutters down the middle? And therefore we'd never be able to fill more than half of the South stand even if the away team only brought say 100?

Guess there could be the barrier under the stand but netting further along the seats. Although doubt that would happen for fire health and safety reasons with the amount of people getting out of fewer exits.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
:

Submit or die in the concourse at half time:D

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
First things first 1300 is a good effort for a 5.30 kick off I'm not sure we will take that many to hull.Although Brighton is a lot more attractive to visit than hull.Also I don't think that we will play a game at home this season that will warrant the away end being partioned off.I don't think there is a team in this division that has such a poor away support that a partition will be needed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
First things first 1300 is a good effort for a 5.30 kick off I'm not sure we will take that many to hull.Although Brighton is a lot more attractive to visit than hull.Also I don't think that we will play a game at home this season that will warrant the away end being partioned off.I don't think there is a team in this division that has such a poor away support that a partition will be needed.

Barnsley :thumbsup:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I don't know this for a fact but I think for the away end to be partitioned off there would have to be less than 600 away fans

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
No away team will sell less than 1000 tickets this season,it's called new stadium effect.
I have posted on another thread that for Barnsley the South Stand will be split.

Should be interesting to do we're the North Stand, we're the West Stand, we're the South Stand, we're the East Stand....

TB

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
This is the reason I feel the end stands should have been much bigger. I can only think of a handful of clubs who have a whole end exclusively for away fans: Barnsley, Doncaster, Millwall, us. I can't think of any others. I may be wrong, but I think having home fans at both ends is an advantage. Could they consider putting the away fans in the South East corner when it is filled in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here