Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smash hit songs that you absolutely detest

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Anything by Leona Lewis , Alexandre Burke ,Nicki Minaj, One Direction , Wanted , JLS or Coldplay.

Anything played on Heart FM.

I think that encapsulates it nicely - thread closed? I listen to Radio 2 when I am not Spotifying, Radio 2 generally rocks apart from the "Organist Entertains".

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think that encapsulates it nicely - thread closed? I listen to Radio 2 when I am not Spotifying, Radio 2 generally rocks apart from the "Organist Entertains".

I've got a DVD called 'The Organist Entertains' from Denmark in 1975.......

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I genuinely detest ANYTHING by the floppy haired tinny scousers fronted by the bloke with the flop topped wanky grin.

Love me do, my BOLLOCKS.

Anything termed "R'n'effingB" these days. I blame Boyz/sIIMen and their tedious ilk - making serious, sincere faces, standing about in suits with 3 or 4 mates, looking earnestly into camera, moving arms about like penguins, singing "oh yeah baby" a lot. Makes me want to punch myself in the face.

R'n'B to me is Dr Feelgood and the like - not this sort of stuff.

This, along with Chris DeBurgh's lady in bloody red. Chris DeBurgh did some excellent early stuff before he bought that out

Red red wine by UB40 and most things by U2 are high up there along with anything by fine young cannibals

????????????? Excellent Early Stuff ??????????? Although it is rarely played on the radio hearing "Spanish Train" is enough to make me leave the room screaming.

And whilst we are at it I loath and detest everything that Michael Jackson did after leaving the Jackson 5. Earth Song - biggest pile of pretentious detritus ever committed to tape, when he gets to the bit at the end when his "singing" seems to degenerate into a form of shrieking it makes me want to try and nail my ear to a plank. IMHO Jarvis Cocker should forever be admired for visibly trying to highlight what an overblown piece of excrement this song is.

.............And relax.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Another vote for Wacko Jaco Kiddy Fiddler from me. Utter gash the entire body of his work.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Anything stock,Aikin and waterman insulted our ears with. That repetitive drone they seemed to manage to put on every track they turned out. They got loads of number ones! How? Who was buying that utter tripe.???

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I had this conversation with the Wife and kids yesterday. My eldest lad and me absolutely HATE Queen post Brighton Rock! There was a TV programme last week when they were trying to get some water workers singing 'Under Pressure' in a choir. Jeez,it is a bad bad song but nowhere near as bad as Bohemian Rhapsody.

My all time favourite worst sh!te track......

Pity cos Seven Seas of Rye was quite good.

TNBA

TTF

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Bleeding Love, Run and any other of the dire songs by Leona Lewis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here