Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smash hit songs that you absolutely detest

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Vienna - Ultravox
Can't stand the song and can't stand Midge Ure!

I tell you who is worse than Midge Ure, his ex Annabel Giles. I went to a showing of the rather wonderful film Mission to Lars about a chap with fragile-x syndrome. There was a Q&A panel after the film to discuss the difficulties of family with when there is a member with mental illness. I lost track of the times she managed to shoe-horn into the discussion that she used to be a model, used to be married to Midge Ure, used to be a model and used to be married to Midge Ure and used to be a model etc etc. I don't know why you dislike him but I'm prepared to cut the poor chap some slack given his ex-wife.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
I tell you who is worse than Midge Ure, his ex Annabel Giles. I went to a showing of the rather wonderful film Mission to Lars about a chap with fragile-x syndrome. There was a Q&A panel after the film to discuss the difficulties of family with when there is a member with mental illness. I lost track of the times she managed to shoe-horn into the discussion that she used to be a model, used to be married to Midge Ure, used to be a model and used to be married to Midge Ure and used to be a model etc etc. I don't know why you dislike him but I'm prepared to cut the poor chap some slack given his ex-wife.

I had to google Annabel Giles to remind me of who she was. Apparently she used to be a model and was married to Midge Ure.
I don't know why I don't like him either. I just hated the song and that bloody video and he is in it! Oh god and that electric violin solo!
Horrendous.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
That bloody Adele song from last year. I don't know the name of it because I reach for the off button and/or hammer every time it comes on.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Amy Whitehouse, "Rehab". Designed for the Guardianista to wank themselves silly about her 'torment', in reality a typical bratty look at me song hyped by the cool things at the NME and Time Out brigade. What passed for originality was merely ripping off The Ronettes.

Horse faced harridan, only gave a f*** about herself.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Bee Gees and that record from 2005 'You had a bad day' because I was in a warehouse job I hated at the time and I used to hear it on the radio at least five times in eight hours. :annoyed:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Most chart stuff. Special hatred for all things Disco and the Brother's Gibb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here