Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we have paid off Turienzo?

Should Turienzo have been released?

• No. Not given a proper chance.

Votes: 57 66.3%
  • Yes. He had his chance and didn't take it.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Splinters in arse.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
He wasn't given a proper chance :nono:. He was banging them in for the reserves when he was fit, but still McGhee didn't play him or give him a chance :nono:

Last edited:

Repugnant Toad said:
bugger knows what McGhee's doing. Again.
This wouldn't have been just McGhee's call - but is suits the tired agenda you are peddling I guess to personalise everything to him.

As for this so-called promising game at Luton. He was constantly offside - not surprising as in an interview he expressed bewilderment at how the running movements of forwards differed so much to the football he was used to. Coaching this into him when he couldn't even understand English must have been a nightmare. His so-called decent touch was not good enough for the type of player he was signed to be, a linking-play creative forward, in my opinion that was plain to see when he even struggled to keep the ball in reserve games.

But the key fact you are overlooking was the nature of his injuries, they were not one-off, but chronic and reoccuring related to the pressure his strange gait and walking style placed on his hamstrings. Last we heard the Albion were having to get special medical advice to change the manner in which he walked!

It was these medical problems that above all made his stay with us a disaster.

If he had stayed with us, I would have supported him, hope against hope, that he could have somehow overcome these mountainous problems to play a role for us. But what a huge sigh of relief he is now gone!

It was Boniek who recommended him to us as a player "better than Rasiak". A good enough reason to boo Poland in every World Cup game I reckon! :drink: :drink:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
But the key fact you are overlooking was the nature of his injuries, they were not one-off, but chronic and reoccuring related to the pressure his strange gait and walking style placed on his hamstrings. Last we heard the Albion were having to get special medical advice to change the manner in which he walked!

At of interest where did the story of having to change his walking style come from?

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
London Irish said:

What was going on at the medical then? We seem to embrace these cripples, Turi, Kitson, Dodd pay them relatively high wages, and let them sit on out treatment table. Surely if his injury was Chronic and based on the way this guy walked we should have been able to pick up on that.
Real shame that we have probably forked out over 200,000 pounds which we certainly can't afford on someone like this. Lets hope our management will be a little more careful in the future.

London Irish said:
But what a huge sigh of relief he is now gone!

Not really, I find it quite sad that he wasn't given a chance, whatever the reason. And it leaves us with 3 kids upfront which doesn't fill me with confidence.
Also, I don't think DK will be relieved at the pay-off.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I find it odd that we didn't try and sell him. We could have asked for £1 (a peppercorn), if he is off to Italy and wouldn't have had to settle his contract.

He definitely deserved more of a chance.

BarrelofFun said:
I find it odd that we didn't try and sell him. We could have asked for £1 (a peppercorn), if he is off to Italy and wouldn't have had to settle his contract.

This whole sorry episode from start to finish has been very odd indeed.

Uncle Buck said:
It is OK, Molango is back.....

That's the back of my new shirt sorted then.

Uncle Buck said:
At of interest where did the story of having to change his walking style come from?
Argus March 9

Turienzo, Albion's injury-plagued summer signing from Argentina, could be back in contention before the end of the season.

The centre forward is scheduled to resume full training next week after a recurrence of a torn hamstring.

Turienzo initially suffered the injury on his only start for the Seagulls at Luton at Christmas before tearing the hamstring again in training.

Albion have been working on modifying his running action, which they believe is partly to blame for the persistent damage.

http://archive.theargus.co.uk/2006/3/9/208697.html

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Argus March 9

Turienzo, Albion's injury-plagued summer signing from Argentina, could be back in contention before the end of the season.

The centre forward is scheduled to resume full training next week after a recurrence of a torn hamstring.

Turienzo initially suffered the injury on his only start for the Seagulls at Luton at Christmas before tearing the hamstring again in training.

Albion have been working on modifying his running action, which they believe is partly to blame for the persistent damage.

Interesting, do you know if he had the same problem before he signed?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Argus March 9

It does say 'running action', not the way he walks.

Kinky Gerbils said:
Interesting, do you know if he had the same problem before he signed?

Pass

Uncle Buck said:
It does say 'running action', not the way he walks.

:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here