Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we have paid off Turienzo?

Should Turienzo have been released?

• No. Not given a proper chance.

Votes: 57 66.3%
  • Yes. He had his chance and didn't take it.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Splinters in arse.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
There was definately a player who had a problem with his running style that was rectified, I think it might have been Gerrard. I would certainly like to know the nature of Turi's exit, Has anything been said whether it was injuries, settling or/and playing problems? Trouble is when injury is mentioned I always think this may be being used as a cope out, no bodies fault, all mutual etc...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fragmented Badger said:
I have only just brought myself to a stage where I am able to talk about it. DISGRACEFUL decision by all concerned. Never given a chance to prove his worth. We will never know what we have thrown away
:nono:

Stay away from the knifes

We need to find a new love god.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Never gonna make it in England... so... :wave:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
BarrelofFun said:
I find it odd that we didn't try and sell him. We could have asked for £1 (a peppercorn), if he is off to Italy and wouldn't have had to settle his contract.

He definitely deserved more of a chance.
I wonder if his agent bought him out of his contract? Since that is what he did before in order to make him a "free agent".

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
I wonder if his agent bought him out of his contract? Since that is what he did before in order to make him a "free agent".

I do hope so...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Silent Bob said:

This reminds me of my friends mothers canary.

She bought a canary to pair up with her other one, yet it didn't sing and bullied the other one. In the end, she had to return it, but they refused to give her money back. It was blatently a rogue bird who got bought and returned more times than you can shake a stick at. Same rule for El Turi. :lolol:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Don Tmatter said:
I've heard that he was paid £100,000 for last year with a car and flat thrown in as part of the deal.
Someone's had a nice little touch out of us for zero return:angry:
Sounds similar to something i heard too.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Just written a letter to the Argus on the subject.

McGhee, Knight and the argus' Andy Naylor all get a good stripping down. :angry:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Biscuit said:
I think not.

McGhee out.
Its amazing how people will twist everything into a McGhee out argument. When it suits you'll cite Turienzo as a bad signing and a reason to sack MMcG. I would have liked to see Turi but the decision shows balls so fair play.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It may come back to haunt us but I doubt, best cut your losses whilst you can.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did I not read somewhere that we paid up his contract of £100k so if this is added to the initial fee it makes him quite an expensive signing.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here