Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheffield Wednesday

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
League administrators for both EPL and EFL are clueless. Wigan under no threat whatsoever are thrown into administration by an owner that the EFL sanctioned and get an immediate points deduction

If it's true that the administration was the result of a betting coup, it's a terrible decision. What it means is the league has actually abetted a scam. Peter Swan and Bronco Layne must be shaking their heads at that

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Utter f k g disgrace

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I take a step back and love the karma from the following:

1. Chansiri has spent £40m in fees on a pile of sh$t. Plus £90m in wages in his first three seasons, that’s not counting 2018/19 and 2019/20 where the numbers aren’t known yet. They’re tied into some hideous player contracts, journeymen earning 7-figure sums a year.
2. The plan and cheating failed, they failed to get to the PL.
4. The ‘sale’ of the ground between Chansiri companies ultimately achieved nothing, except a stack of legal fees.
5. The 12 points deduction condemns their awful squad to the EFL until at least 2021/22, almost certainly.

In the meantime they watch The Blades and now Leeds in the PL.

Footballing gods do great work at times.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If it's true that the administration was the result of a betting coup, it's a terrible decision. What it means is the league has actually abetted a scam. Peter Swan and Bronco Layne must be shaking their heads at that

Peter Swan :lolol:

I remember that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The bizarre part about the post was "now we have been cleared" . Cleared, not guilty but 12_point deduction.

Trumpian fake news, innit? ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is this cheating the same as Bournemouth but they promoted?

Yes.

But Massive took it further by copying Villa and Derby in making a sale of the stadium to a connected company, to give a contrived 'profit', for the football club limited company to squeeze under the FFP thresholds. Except, hilariously, Chansiri did it too late, therefore it was falling into a later and the wrong set of annual accounts. So what did he do? - he 'pretended' (I could use a stronger word, but don't want to get my post deleted) that the stadium sale happened in the key earlier year.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I take a step back and love the karma from the following:

1. Chansiri has spent £40m in fees on a pile of sh$t. Plus £90m in wages in his first three seasons, that’s not counting 2018/19 and 2019/20 where the numbers aren’t known yet. They’re tied into some hideous player contracts, journeymen earning 7-figure sums a year.
2. The plan and cheating failed, they failed to get to the PL.
4. The ‘sale’ of the ground between Chansiri companies ultimately achieved nothing, except a stack of legal fees.
5. The 12 points deduction condemns their awful squad to the EFL until at least 2021/22, almost certainly.

In the meantime they watch The Blades and now Leeds in the PL.

Footballing gods do great work at times.
Yes, despite it being no recompense to Charlton fans, this result actually prolongs the agony for the Massive fans.

They will spend the whole of next season trying to avoid relegation to League 1, with a terrible squad, many of whom are still fleecing them for millions.

A couple of Wednesday (lol) fans I know have said they'd have preferred to have had the points deduction, gone down and been able to get rid of some of the leeches.

Plus they want rid of Chansiri which is quite funny as when he took over he was God to many of them. Lost count of the number of times I was told "he's got a plan" and "he'll get us to the PL in three seasons". Or the number of times I said "it's not that simple....".

Now he's "a ****ing chancer who's ruined the club" and "probably hasn't got that much money anyway".

Along with the success of Sheffield United and Dirty Leeds, it's actually bloody hilarious.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, despite it being no recompense to Charlton fans, this result actually prolongs the agony for the Massive fans.

They will spend the whole of next season trying to avoid relegation to League 1, with a terrible squad, many of whom are still fleecing them for millions.

A couple of Wednesday (lol) fans I know have said they'd have preferred to have had the points deduction, gone down and been able to get rid of some of the leeches.

Plus they want rid of Chansiri which is quite funny as when he took over he was God to many of them. Lost count of the number of times I was told "he's got a plan" and "he'll get us to the PL in three seasons". Or the number of times I said "it's not that simple....".

Now he's "a ****ing chancer who's ruined the club" and "probably hasn't got that much money anyway".

Along with the success of Sheffield United and Dirty Leeds, it's actually bloody hilarious.

I've seen much of that on owlstalk in recent months. Certainly little sense of victory, why would there be? The bottom line is that the pain of EFL football for decades keeps extending, for quite possibly the biggest club in Europe.

Said they'd have preferred to have had the points deduction, gone down and been able to get rid of some of the leeches.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That delayed deduction cost a fair few people I know a fair few hundred quid, not to mention myself. Bets on them to get relegated and to finish bottom all ****ed.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Still MASSIVE!!!

8a7912a067f26d3aaa2cef1eded53cf2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes.

But Massive took it further by copying Villa and Derby in making a sale of the stadium to a connected company, to give a contrived 'profit', for the football club limited company to squeeze under the FFP thresholds. Except, hilariously, Chansiri did it too late, therefore it was falling into a later and the wrong set of annual accounts. So what did he do? - he 'pretended' (I could use a stronger word, but don't want to get my post deleted) that the stadium sale happened in the key earlier year.
The sale happened before the company that bought it even existed didn't it ? [emoji38]ol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here