Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scalextric - or alternatives

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Back in my yoof, I had a Matchbox alternative to Scalextric, which was really good. From memory, a green Porsche and a white Jag, but might be wrong.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
For my 6 year old twins we bought the main rivals to Scalextrix who are Carrera. It's a fairly basic set that came with two formula 1 cars. So far it's been really good as the cars stick to the track well and there are quite a few extras like additional track that you can buy on Amazon.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
For my 6 year old twins we bought the main rivals to Scalextrix who are Carrera. It's a fairly basic set that came with two formula 1 cars. So far it's been really good as the cars stick to the track well and there are quite a few extras like additional track that you can buy on Amazon.

The Carrera cars are superb. I've not seen the track though.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Could we have a Heartbeat version, with Alf Ventress's battered Ford Anglia Panda car?

I have a very thin plastic slot car body for a Ford Anglia of my fathers ( probably mid/late 60's when he raced a bit)

I have a pretty good 60's sallon car collection and 2 notable cars that raced in periood, are missing, a MK2 Jag and an Anglia

quite a few oddities have been made as resin body kits. I have built a few, TR3, TVR Vixen, Sunbeam Tiger LeMans, Europa, 356, & Galaxy500. . . .basically cars I've had/driven/been involved with but could never afford ( or in a few cases want) to own!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here