Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scalextric - or alternatives

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
I got my 4 year old nephew micro scalextrix for christmas. It was well received! Was about £45, which is not bad value considering it should last a long time and you can replace all the parts like normal scalectrix.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm sure the Hornby Southern Rail set will be great fun over Xmas "daddy, daddy, this doesn't work", "wow, that's pretty realistic son."

Yes they updated it this Christmas, it now comes with a fleet of model double deck buses, ready to operate the Rail Replacement Service, when the train set breaks down.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I (sorry, my kids) got a Scalextric set for Xmas.

First time I've raced properly for 35+ years. Still magic - although I miss the high-banked bends and, er, six-wheeled F1 cars.

Kids seem to love it too, luckily. They had it set up in the lounge before 8am this morning....

Love it! :thumbsup:

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
My brother and I had had a 100-lap race once.
I would of been about 9 years old and him 14.
Him being older and more accomplished soon got about 3 or 4 laps ahead of me.
Over confidence set in and he went off to make himself some cheese on toast.
When he returned with his tasty hot snack I was on about lap 90 and won in a canter.
Fifty years on and to this day the "cheese & toast incident" still gets a regular airing.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Wozza

Custom title
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
2021 range launched today.

136193018_10157386797051682_9113520112870071784_o.jpg

Includes...

Batmobile - 1966 TV Series
DeLorean - Back To The Future 2
Knight Rider – KITT
James Bond Lotus Esprit S1
James Bond Aston Martin V8

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I can remember my old man making new 'brushes' for the cars out of the copper insides of aerial cable. Very rarely got to go on it myself though.

I got my first set when I was 6, I think I was asleep in my cowboy suit before I got a go, my dad and his best mate who appeared were acing each other all day with a pair of Ferrari P4's ( which I still have!)

TCR lane change adresses the Ayrton Senna addition.

we have a lap counter which doubles up as a Kimi Raikonnen commentry console. a few strange noises and lots of beeps. :laugh:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I got my first set when I was 6, I think I was asleep in my cowboy suit before I got a go, my dad and his best mate who appeared were acing each other all day with a pair of Ferrari P4's ( which I still have!)

TCR lane change adresses the Ayrton Senna addition.

we have a lap counter which doubles up as a Kimi Raikonnen commentry console. a few strange noises and lots of beeps. :laugh:

Brilliant. My friend Sean used to place a pit stop mechanic (or a Second World War soldier) on the track and then rush to the scene with an ambulance to aid them..
He was more into the emergency rescue side of things that the racing.

He once had to amputate the leg of a Waffen SS officer on the Paddock bend at Brands.

I didn’t mind because we were short of casualties for our battle of the bulge anyway.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Any chance a Mod could correct the thread title to Scalextric. Drives me mad every time it reappears!

Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix Scalextrix

Philistine!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here