Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rush, rush, rush for the bus......

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Leaving early is f***ing disgraceful and completely disrespectful to the players.

Would we be happy if they stopped playing in the 85th minute? No

Anyone leaving early should have their photo taken and then posted in a Hall of Shame outside the entrance to the ground.

Arseholes

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
.... or pump up the game , and score all the goals in the last 5 mins

that way they pay £21 to see no goals ,so they have more to moan about and its all there fault! top stuff

Pops

Mar 6, 2004
withdean porter cabin
as it happens not as many left before the end as normal last saturday , its always more out early when brighton are 3-0 up etc , it may at least cheer you up to know there was many sad faces as they went down the tunnel and they heard the cheer for the second goal , they stopped in their tracks for a second with a look that said "bugger"

:lolol:

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Block C has it's own ring leader in the rush for the bus; an old chap with a flat cap and a stick. He may well have a valid excuse for the minus ten trot but the hords who follow his lead do not. Curly always shouts "don't go" in his most heart felt pleading voice but they never listen or even glance back. :wave:

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
You have to train people to behave themselves.

I don't like people leaving early but for god's sake do it when the ball is out of play.

After seaons off dispproval from me I finally heard the bloke to our left tell his son to wait until the ball had gone out of play before moving on Saturday.

Jason Speaks

Feb 4, 2004
Portslade
I was absolutely busting to go to the toliet after 10 mins on Saturday but did the honourable thing and waited until halftime even though I was next to the aisle and wouldn't have inconvenienced anyone.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
What a bunch of whingers, If someone wants to leave early they have every right to do so.

I always watch the last few minutes from the running track as I quite enjoy it down there and a large percentag eof regulars on here do likewise.

Most people don't actually leave until the final whistle.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
tinx said:
What a bunch of whingers, If someone wants to leave early they have every right to do so.

And if I want to whinge about people pushing in front of me and obsuring my view while the game is still in progress then I have every right to do so as well.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
absolutely, whinge away but it won't stop me getting up cos quite frankly I couldn't give a shit if it inconveniences someone for two seconds when I push past them.

Last edited:

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
tinx said:
absolutely, whinge away but it won't stop me getting up cos quite frankly I couldn't give a shit if it inconveniences someone for two seconds when I push past them.

Two seconds would be a vast improvement on most people who have to wait and ensure that their Dad, brother , mum or whoever is coming as well and then stop in front of me to look at what is going on on the pitch.

People will always move before the end of a game / half (I do it myself when necessary) that's not really the issue - the main thing is to wait for a break in play before starting to move.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I missed the Sheff Weds winnerl last week because the group in front of me stood up to leave at that exact moment. I leave early occasionally if have to get to a far-flung part of London that evening (but watch until the final whistle) but at least I always wait until a break in play.

What amazes me is the exodus, 5 or 10 minutes before half-time. Are over-priced Withdean burgers such a draw that they're worth missing the game for?

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Gwylan said:
I missed the Sheff Weds winner last week because the group in front of me stood up to leave at that exact moment.

Pity Andam Virgo didn't need to leave and so stand up in front of Mustoe - perhaps he'd have missed it then as well!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can you imagine if this happened in a Cinema?

Sit through 95% of a film and then get up, push past people so fecking everyone off and go and stand in the isle, so no-one else can see.

Last season, I can't remember what game, people were streaming out, they all stopped when we attacked, we scored and me and the bloke behind leapt into the gangway sending 10 tossers flying ....marvellous scenes

This doesn't happen at other grounds we have been to.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Bring back standing terraces thats then we wouldnt have this crap situation every home game.

I know Falmer will end up being all seater, but why ?
Whenever I go to an away game the atmosphere is ten times better when theres terracing.

Tom Hark said:
Exactly the same thing happens first half, only it's lardies beating the rush to the burger van. Yummy Yummy! :rolleyes:

The E block choir has a different song for the 40 minute runners...." Queue, Queue, Queue for the loo"...:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here