Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reginald D Hunter

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shutting the door after the horse has bolted...they would be better off keeping quiet and moving on

Very much this. They hire a known comedian with a known style and complain when he does what everyone knows him for. It's a bit like moaning that your dog barks. The PFA goofed up, no big deal, move on.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The PFA, according to Paul Hayward, are asking for their money back.

Would be interesting to know on what grounds. They booked him, he turned up, did his routine and went home. The fact that they didn't bother to do a lot of research into his act is surely their issue, not Hunter's.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Would be interesting to know on what grounds. They booked him, he turned up, did his routine and went home. The fact that they didn't bother to do a lot of research into his act is surely their issue, not Hunter's.

I've read that they specifically said that they didn't want humour based on race. Seems they chose the wrong man.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A bit rich asking for their money back. They paid a man whose shows have included titles like "Trophy N*****" to not talk about race when really that is the thing that should be talked about, and even found humour in, and to slightly lessen the huge anxiety over anyone ever saying anything that might be just a tiny bit outrageous to an individual or two. The PFA so seemingly stiff at present.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To me, this whole thing is ridiculous. There are two types of comedians:

1) Those you either find funny, or not. But if you don't, you just don't like their humour, like Michael McIntyre or Lee Evans. generally inoffensive;
2) Those who are either funny of offensive. Divisive comedians who's humour can be considered "edgy" or close to the bone, like Frankie Boyle or Reginald D. Hunter.

Put simply for events like this you go with the safe inoffensive option. Let's make this clear, whomever booked the comedian is at fault here. Research the comic, make a sensible juudgement on the act and nothing goes wrong.

The PFA have totally embarassed themselves over this.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Thing is if the PFA just ignored it or said at the time some bumf like "It's clear that was an error in booking him, we'll look into this process" everyone would have forgotten about by Monday afternoon. Their protests and comments since then just make them look more and more stupid

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I've read that they specifically said that they didn't want humour based on race. Seems they chose the wrong man.

In which case the first time he used the 'N' word, someone should have gone onto the stage, said it wasn't acceptable and cancelled it there and then, not let the bloke finish the set!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I would imagine on the grounds that there was a voice conference between the PFA, Hunter and his agency where they discussed the areas that should not be part of his act - and it seems no-one is disputing this conference occurred. If it did, and he went against the agreements, then I guess they may have a case. Otherwise, tough-titties.

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
The PFA have made even bigger dicks of themselves on this one, and it's not going to go away anytime soon. R.D.H has almost certainly extracted at least 30 minutes of new material for his show without even having to try. His shows will be even more popular as people will go just to hear what he has to say on the matter. Fair play and well done to all involved.

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
Is there any footage of the set about on the net?
I find myself siding with Reg but haven't seen the routine.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would imagine on the grounds that there was a voice conference between the PFA, Hunter and his agency where they discussed the areas that should not be part of his act - and it seems no-one is disputing this conference occurred. If it did, and he went against the agreements, then I guess they may have a case. Otherwise, tough-titties.

I find this very hard to believe. If so it makes the PFA and Clarke Carlisle look even more stupid. So, you're saying, they hire a comedian with a known track record who's stand up routine is based on using the word ****** and then ask him not to use it. Why not just go elsewhere in the first place?

I thought this Carlisle chap was supposed to be clever?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Oh my good Gawd. :facepalm:

How deep 'you planning on digging that hole? To be fair though, you're certainly bang into this 'irony' thing. It's just a shame you'll never really understand it. Oh well.

'Oh my good Gawd' you're incredibly patronising aren't you.

I have dug myself no hole at all, i have just expressed a view that you dont agree with and as a result you have labelled me a 'little englander' (which btw I'm not). As for 'bang into the irony thing' yes indeed my first post did allude to the 'irony' of the situation and my second reiterated my point.

I'm really intrigued as to how i have 'dug myself a hole' as you said that i had but you didn't say exactly 'how' i have.

Over you you.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here