Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading pretendance

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Boxing Day crowds are traditionally bigger than those for an average game - for example the 5,000 who showed up today to watch Newport County play Plymouth (with the alternative local attraction being the traditional Boxing Day rugby match at Cardiff Arms Park, only 12 miles away, between Cardiff Blues and Newport Gwent Dragons - which was a sell-out).

Seeing the vast array of empty seats this afternoon confirms to me that the Albion have something to worry about.

Many did not turn up because of transport issues. I know loads from The Seaford/ Newhaven area who could not be bothered as there were no trains. I also know of a group of 8 who turned up at Seaford Station expecting a train. They went to the pub instead. Incidentally, I tried the Seagull travel bus from Seaford for the first time. What a great service especially after the game when in all that rain you could just walk up get on the bus without queueing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Trains were fantastic yesterday. Shuttle every ten minutes stopping at Brighton - Falmer - Lewes only. Decent length trains also. Top work by all concerned :clap2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Trains were fantastic yesterday. Shuttle every ten minutes stopping at Brighton - Falmer - Lewes only. Decent length trains also. Top work by all concerned :clap2:

Great for me as I park in Lewes, but not so good for anyone west of Brighton of Lewes I guess.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I wonder why they can't announce 2 attendances. One for ticket sales and one for the amount that physically go through the turnstiles. Doesn't nessasarily have to be announced via the tannoy, just maybe in the programme for the next home game.

This is the era of big data and the club needs to modernise to reflect that. Instead of those tired half time interviews, how about a proper powerpoint presentation on the big screens (PB is bound to be in his element here and he can even get one of his underlings to prepare it for him during the first half). I look forward to applauding 18-35s up 1.2% on the last game, booing Jedis down 0.8% and standing up to applaud Roman Catholic Females born in Eastern Europe up 8.4% year on year - Okay the last one might not be universally popular !

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Cycling to the Amex is shit

East Lower had lots of usually empty seats full at first until people got too wet and went home. Lots of unoccupied seats by season ticket holders who arrive from further away by public transport and could not make it because of the Boxing Day reduced attendances effect (Boxing Day used to be good when the trains ran.) because of no public transport.

I won't cycle again. The route is shit for cycling, even without the terrible weather. Cycling in Brighton is a ****ing nightmare. Cycle lanes are hard to follow, conditions (holes and hidden pavements) and obstructions (mostly parked cars and cars pulling out to block the cycle lane) mean that speed has to be reduced. Tip: get really bright lights, but I don't think that would really help in the wet when the hazards are flooded.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I won't cycle again. The route is shit for cycling, even without the terrible weather. Cycling in Brighton is a ****ing nightmare. Cycle lanes are hard to follow, conditions (holes and hidden pavements) and obstructions (mostly parked cars and cars pulling out to block the cycle lane) mean that speed has to be reduced. Tip: get really bright lights, but I don't think that would really help in the wet when the hazards are flooded.

It was grim cycling home yesterday, but I wouldn't personally trade the freedom of cycling to the Amex and back for public transport or car park exit queues.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Given the proximity and it being a bank holiday I thought Reading would have brought more. Seemed to be some of the quietest away fans aswell, at 2-0 up I never heard a peep from them.

No trains from Reading probably didnt help. Replacement bus to Gatwick took 1hr 46 mins according to timetable.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It was grim cycling home yesterday, but I wouldn't personally trade the freedom of cycling to the Amex and back for public transport or car park exit queues.

I was hoping it would be better, but my worse fears of Falmer are coming true. From Shoreham it is a bloody awkward place to get to and back. Needs super bright lights if you ever try cycling at night,, Stlll quite quick though. Route from then Levels was worse than expected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here