Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading pretendance

Jan 30, 2008
I've noticed that against Milwall and today when the real crowd was somewhere between 5-10000 below the official number they didn't announce it during the game
but waited until almost everbody had dispersed before giving it.
fed up with being laughed at , can't blame em
regards
DR

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I don't know why I'm surprised my my god the reading fans were terrible today!! If you're going to travel down here on Boxing Day, go 2-0 up and not sing why bother? Worst to come to the Amex

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Much bigger attendance than I thought (weather, trains, family commitments) and noticeably bigger than against Millwall.

Corporate attendance almost certainly down due to the time of year. I was there against mother-in-law's orders but I imagine plenty of others don't have my will of steel.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I never really get the fuss that this causes. So the club announce number of tickets sold rather than bums on seats. Whoppy-do :shrug:

This. I'm bored of this flippin' debate after every flippin' home match...the actual attendance is often lower than the official attendance...AND?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This. I'm bored of this flippin' debate after every flippin' home match...the actual attendance is often lower than the official attendance...AND?

AND....every other club does the same thing. Away from this repeated pointless and boring debate on it, agree with an earlier poster, noise in second half was better than it's been for a while (although at 2-0 down the atmosphere was horrendous) and crowd was bigger than I thought it would be.

Feb 14, 2010
AND....every other club does the same thing. Away from this repeated pointless and boring debate on it, agree with an earlier poster, noise in second half was better than it's been for a while (although at 2-0 down the atmosphere was horrendous) and crowd was bigger than I thought it would be.

Some people just want to knock our club. Club discloses the gate as all clubs do. It's a non story. By the way did you see the gaps at selhurst and they had saints in the premier league

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
I wonder why they can't announce 2 attendances. One for ticket sales and one for the amount that physically go through the turnstiles. Doesn't nessasarily have to be announced via the tannoy, just maybe in the programme for the next home game.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So I've just gone over the attendance figures for the 1970's. Remember that in those days there were only a few season tickets so the figures are a true reflection of the gates.
In 1972/73 we played Bristol Rovers on the 1st with a gate of 11,000 and on the 26th played Aldershot and the gate was 15,000. At the time we were 20th of 24 in the third tier (Div 3). Other than that the figures are always down a little, which surprised me. One figure that jumped out at me was Portsmouth away 1976, again in the third tier, and a gate of 32,000.
I felt sorry for the couple in front of me who gleefully arrived with paper tickets in hand only to find no one around them. They should have found someone with a ST to borrow for the day.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I wonder why they can't announce 2 attendances. One for ticket sales and one for the amount that physically go through the turnstiles. Doesn't nessasarily have to be announced via the tannoy, just maybe in the programme for the next home game.

Why?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Follow up.
ST sales are what, 20,000? Whatever that figure is take it away from the announced figure and that's the POTG figure. So if the ground looks empty but 26,000 officially are there then that's 6,000 POTG.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here