Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
An exceptional choice.

Doubt we can afford him though.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Hope this isn't true because if we are now talking to RDM we must have been rejected by previous candidates - we already knew and know about RDM he's been linked with us for ages so if he's seriously being considered it must be to agree fees.

Its not that I think he will be bad more that I suspect he's not our first, second, third etc choice

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No I know nothing but all these rumours have got me all excited. I was hoping this thread was going to be merged with the other RDM thread. Just a hunch but I think he may be the chosen one.

Shall we get a banner made?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hope this isn't true because if we are now talking to RDM we must have been rejected by previous candidates - we already knew and know about RDM he's been linked with us for ages so if he's seriously being considered it must be to agree fees.

Its not that I think he will be bad more that I suspect he's not our first, second, third etc choice

Maybe, just maybe, the club are being sensible by seeing all of the top candidates before making a hasty decision? Also, WE could easily have rejected candidates-why does it always have to be the other way around?

The Albion job, despite what many on here would try and persuade us otherwise, is a top job in English football. Record attendances three years in a row in one of THE best stadia in the country, a brand new, world class training academy and a chairman in charge who is easily the club's biggest supporter and is clearly aiming for the Premier League as soon as possible.

Who wouldn't be interested? The Albion are in control of the next appointment.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Maybe, just maybe, the club are being sensible by seeing all of the top candidates before making a hasty decision? Also, WE could easily have rejected candidates-why does it always have to be the other way around?

The Albion job, despite what many on here would try and persuade us otherwise, is a top job in English football. Record attendances three years in a row in one of THE best stadia in the country, a brand new, world class training academy and a chairman in charge who is easily the club's biggest supporter and is clearly aiming for the Premier League as soon as possible.

Who wouldn't be interested? The Albion are in control of the next appointment.

This, this, this, this and this. Is that enough or too many this's.

Anybody who turns us down must be either absolutely top flight - i.e. able to choose a club which plays Champions league Football or similar, or is in danger of having ideas above their station.

Or there is also the genuine possibility that people are unable for genuine family or other reasons to move away from where they are currently living, wife doesn't want to move, don't want to move the kids at a crucial time in their education, etc etc.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
This, this, this, this and this. Is that enough or too many this's.

Anybody who turns us down must be either absolutely top flight - i.e. able to choose a club which plays Champions league Football or similar, or is in danger of having ideas above their station.

Or there is also the genuine possibility that people are unable for genuine family or other reasons to move away from where they are currently living, wife doesn't want to move, don't want to move the kids at a crucial time in their education, etc etc.

I think you will find the stumbling block is how much we are are prepared to pay.

Its all very well having a new state of the art stadium but its cost money and whilst TB is very rich he didn't make his money by risking it paying high wages to primadona footballers and managers.

You don't interview the calibre of people we have been associated with and then go to someone you had close all along unless money plays a part of your choice.

I suspect all want the job and then find out how much they have to work with and then they go into the ironmongery business*

* they make a bolt for the door.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Think so, yes. Though it isn't the first one I've heard this summer so pinch of salt.

Any clues?

I'm sat trying to revise for final Uni exams, and checking on here every 10 minutes is doing me no good :thumbsup:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Any clues?

I'm sat trying to revise for final Uni exams, and checking on here every 10 minutes is doing me no good :thumbsup:

Pinch of salt. Don't fancy a flaming.
Amusing name.
Thread on him on first page.
Left-field as they come.

Not exactly a punt out of nothing since he's second in the betting, but hey.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Pinch of salt. Don't fancy a flaming.
Amusing name.
Thread on him on first page.
Left-field as they come.

Not exactly a punt out of nothing since he's second in the betting, but hey.

steaks ( beef )?

Who is that?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here