Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Pro Plus (caffeine)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Used at University like many of us.

My memory of it is that it stops your head going to sleep, but your body carries on regardless.

Have a few pints afterwards and then try and walk to the toilet to test.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Caffeine can be addictive so yes I would imagine that these could be too.
They tried to make me go to rehab, but I said Cappuccino, no, no.

Seagull Stew

Jul 30, 2003
Brighton
Saw these in Boots the other day so I decided to buy some (48 for £4.99). I took two earlier and I feel as bright as a button. Normally I'm dreadful in the mornings but I've got far more energy than usual. First saw them in Layer Cake (2004) when Daniel Craig (X as his name is never revealed) had just shot Jimmy Price for being undercover police. He crushed a couple and put them into a glass of whisky.

Are they good in the long-term? Are they habit-forming? I'd say they're a very light amphetamine but there's no real warnings on the packet and no leaflet. Surely they wouldn't be sold openly if they made you high and addicted?
Let us know how well you sleep tonight.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Buying a coffee is quite a nice experience I find. It normally means a change of scenery, a short walk, and a nice drink at the end usually served by a fit European. What’s not to like?
This.

Not to mention that coffee is a significant source of antioxidants that can lower the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and certain cancers.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
As an aside an ex neighbour of mine committed suicide by over caffeining himself!
Red Bull has also (post Michael Jackson) come under serious scrutiny for its caffeine content.

I think it’s fine to caffeinate get through an exam week or one off business meeting or if you have to do a long nighttime drive but taking them regularly just to function in the morning could fcuk up your sleeping patterns and even cause cardiac issues in the long term.

Personally I don’t think anyone with high blood pressure or who suffers from anxiety should take an excess amount of caffeine anyway.

(whatever form it’s in. :coffee::coffee::coffee::flameboun:bounce:)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
This.

Not to mention that coffee is a significant source of antioxidants that can lower the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and certain cancers.
This was an eye opener for me, as I always thought limiting coffee to one a day was really important as I thought it had adverse health effects.
The amount of dietary fibre was a particular surprise.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I took Pro Plus regularly for about a month when prepping for my final chartered accountancy exams, then suddenly about a week before the exams I had some sort of relapse, having to spend about three days in bed unable to do anything. Fortunately I recovered in time, and actually passed my exams. But I’ve not touched them since.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
WTF? I took two this morning for the first time in my life. Am I tempted to take anymore today? NO! I feel back to normal with no comedown of any sort. Take any tomorrow? Probably not.

It's Pro Plus, not crack cocaine. :shrug:
slippery slope mate, slippery slope....

before you know it, you will drying out banana skins and attempting to smoke them to get high....

As I say, slippery slope, just take care ok

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I keep some in my van, take some when I need a boost to get me through a hard day, usually after a few hard days in a row.
I don’t drink coffee and there isn’t always a nearby shop to buy energy drinks.
Definitely not addicted to Pro Plus though
Am I reading this right? Plumbers occasionally work hard 🤔
WTF? I took two this morning for the first time in my life. Am I tempted to take anymore today? NO! I feel back to normal with no comedown of any sort. Take any tomorrow? Probably not.

It's Pro Plus, not crack cocaine. :shrug:
Clearly in denial

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
My only experience with Pro Plus was sat outside a rave in Hounslow back in 1995, pouring powdered Pro Plus into a bottle of orange, white powder all over the floor when the old bill and a drugs dog walked past.
"its not what it looks like officer"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This was an eye opener for me, as I always thought limiting coffee to one a day was really important as I thought it had adverse health effects.
The amount of dietary fibre was a particular surprise.

Quite literally an eye-opener!

:oops:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I bought some to help me get through the night drive back from Marseille to Geneva after the Europa League game.

I think I took a couple before the drive, which I was a bit worried about, and I didn't feel tired at any point in the journey.

I don't drink coffee - I simply don't like the taste - so I'm probably quite sensitive to a hit of caffeine.
As long as you had a decent hotel and got a good night's sleep at the end of your journey.....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Saw these in Boots the other day so I decided to buy some (48 for £4.99). I took two earlier and I feel as bright as a button. Normally I'm dreadful in the mornings but I've got far more energy than usual. First saw them in Layer Cake (2004) when Daniel Craig (X as his name is never revealed) had just shot Jimmy Price for being undercover police. He crushed a couple and put them into a glass of whisky.

Are they good in the long-term? Are they habit-forming? I'd say they're a very light amphetamine but there's no real warnings on the packet and no leaflet. Surely they wouldn't be sold openly if they made you high and addicted?
It is caffeine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here