Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prices at Withdean

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Trigger said:
Surely the club will put the prices down considerably for the LDV match versus Forest Green Rovers?
Or another idea would be to approach schools with some tickets and offer a father/son style ticket at say £10 (ish) thus getting the schools and kids involved and Parents who may have been put off going before for various reasons.
Turn it into a fun night out for the kids.
This sort of scheme has been a major part in increasing attendances, and interest in the SPL for the lesser clubs.

Last edited:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Van der Gully, I seem to agree with just about all of your postings on NSC, you always make wise suggestions.

I used to say exactly the same thing at the Goldstone (RIP) about reducing the prices to increase the attendance, you don't need a particularly good calculator to suss out that 10000 at 5 quid each is better than 5000 at 8 quid each, plus and far more importantly, all those extra people bring their mates/kids etc and all of 'em learn to love the glorious stripes and start buying replica shirts/ season tickets etc. To me, and I was really quite young when I first worked all this out, it really isn't rocket science.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I tell you what C1 BHA because it is likely to be a midweek fixture and I cannot get down from Huddersfield I'll donate my ticket voucher to your son

Pm me

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
:)

Last edited:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
For Trigger, dream on, it was £18 to watch a pre-season friendly, plus half a tank of juice from where I live, that's why I wouldn't have gone EVEN if I hadn't been in France on holiday!:angry:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
For Yorkie, that's a marvellous gesture mate (much appreciated)
I can't take him to midweek games in term time as I don't get home until midnight and he can't really cope with late nights like that at 6 years old. Furthermore fellow Albion fans, please don't misunderstand me. Personally, I can afford to take him (even at 14 quid a throw) my point is that it's bl**dy expensive compared to the likes of Plymouth with their plush new surroundings.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I'll be pretty digusted if adult tickets are more than £15 for this game...

I have a season ticket so it wont affect me but how else are the club going to fill the empty seats if they dont drop the prices considerably for this match?

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
C1 BHA said:
My personalised plate was a 'one off' present which in no way reflects my status/income!
I am aware of the problems regarding only having 7000 seats and I didn't suggest we should sell them at £5 each. I just think £36 for my 6 year old and me to sit in the rain watching Div 2 footy is a bl**dy expensive 2 hours entertainment. Kids like mine are the future, they should let him in for a fiver and let him sit on my lap!! There! That would create EXTRA revenue.
Don't mean to be rude but there are plenty of people who are willing to pay so unfortunately that's unlucky for you! :(

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Dunkstar said:
Don't mean to be rude but there are plenty of people who are willing to pay so unfortunately that's unlucky for you! :(

Are you sure? I'm not sure there are that many. I think our homes games are struggling to 'sell out' at the moment.

Anyway, isn't it shame that football is outpricing the normal family?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There may no be so many for this fixture but there aren't many empty seats on a Saturday.

People realise that there are still tickets for sale who cannot normally go and are snapping them up.

Clubs should always think long term regarding kids - get 'em young and you've got 'em for life - going to games, buying merchandise etc. Letting kids in cheap is sound business. Make sure they have to be with an adult, and that offsets much of the loss if it means the dad going along because the kid wants to - means that not all available seats get taken up by kids. Easy to do a 'kids on their own' for £14, 'Guardian + Kid' for, say £25.

They've been doing it at Clyde for a few seasons - £2, I think, for kids in the first division, in a town full of Glasgow overspill and thus Rangers and Celtic fans. It's starting to bear fruit beautifully - loads of kids are going, they are building their support, and becoming a serious contender for first divisions success and thus SPL entry, from an also-ran team in the lower first/second divisions.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There were a couple of away games at Forest and Stoke where everyone went for a fiver.

It was good to see so many kids at a match.

I would love to think that once we've got our stadium that we'll be doing that.

Van der Gully

Jul 10, 2003
Brunssum, NL
Good point about Clyde fatbadger, they survive in a far harsher economic climate than we do, being between Glasgow and Edinburgh and with plenty of unhealthy competition for support.

They of course relocated to their present home from Glasgow and must be looking to emulate one of their closest neighbours, namely Livingston, who have achieved pretty amazing things on limited resources. It just shows what can be achieved with the right mixture of business acumen, foresight and success on the pitch.

I went to watch Hearts play Clyde in a cup game a few years back and was impressed with their set up, despite only having built on three sides of the pitch, I left with the feeling that this was a club that could go places. Mind you I did have plenty of time to reflect on this as it took me the best part of an hour to get out of the car park...

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
A club employee said to me about 3 months ago that the running business of the club is pretty poor. He reckons things wont change when we get Falmer, they will still exist but just in a nice office. I totally agree with the statement from fatbadger about Clyde. This club could be so much more productive than it is. How about this for a really simple idea. Why is the club shop in Queens Road and not Chruchill Sq. It makes no difference to me, but to many, if it was open till 8pm on a thursday and by loads of other shops, especially in the winter, wouldnt more people spend more money?
Simple business ideas.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I would have thought there was a vast difference in renting a shop in Queens Road and paying the extortionate rents that Churchill Square would charge.

Shops in the north are pulling out of these 'malls' because of the rents being charged.

Would the additional cost of wages to staff be worth the amount of sales done on a Thursday eveing?

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
I can understand partly why, but I would have thought surely that even if you run at a very slight deficit to qhat Queens Road does the pull of attracting more people into the shop in the long run is better? I doubt that the costs of Churchill Sq are alot higher than Queens Road. I would be suprised if wages on a thursday came to more than £60. 2 replica shirts, or 4 videos.......

Van der Gully

Jul 10, 2003
Brunssum, NL
This is worrying news, we need the club to be raising its profile and trying to build support in the run up to Falmer. I think you may find that the rent on a shop in Churchill Square is far higher than the one currently occupied, we may have signed a long term lease at a low rent and be tied to it for several years. There is the view that by moving to Churchill Square we could raise income to a higher level and thus offset the increase in rent, but if as you suggest the business side isn't too hot then this has probably been overlooked completely.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Never thought about a long lease.............however, the profile of the club is obviously very important. I just dont its happening in that way for us. However, the best way to profile is through matches and as we know thats difficult with our current situation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here