Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prices at Withdean

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I've known for a long time that my Season Ticket costs a fortune but have recently been getting some serious earache from my 6 year old son because he wants to go to see The Albion too. Took him to Plymouth (a) which he loved, his first words when the final whistle blew were " when can I go again Dad?".

I've just looked (for the first time ever) at the prices to get him into Withdean (assuming I CAN get him in) and it's £14!!!! This is hardly encouraging is it? It was £5 to watch Plymouth and we had nice toilets, available refreshments and a ROOF:angry:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
A man who can afford a personalised number plate won't even pay £14 so his kid can watch the beloved Albion. What is the world coming to. :nono::D

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Afraid so C1 - shockingly expensive.

£1 last season, Derby away for kids !

All away games are cheaper - think it's £9 today for my lad and £5 for Rushden.

Yawn - 7000 seats - no advertising money - no catering money - people on here demanding more players - loss of ITV Digital money etc. etc. etc.

Are you seriously suggesting that the Albion should charge £5 for the 7000 seats? £35000 per home game? Over 50% of that would go on policing costs. I would estimate that with an unlimited capacity, we would attract a crowd of 15-20000 charging £5. So demand would far outstrip supply by a hell of a lot more than now. So you still wouldn't be able to take your son.

Yes it is horribly unfair but I can't believe for one second you need me to spell out why it is like this.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Think yourself lucky we're not in the Premiership. I don't know if there are concessions at Chelsea, but the cheapest seat for away fans is £49.00!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
My personalised plate was a 'one off' present which in no way reflects my status/income!
I am aware of the problems regarding only having 7000 seats and I didn't suggest we should sell them at £5 each. I just think £36 for my 6 year old and me to sit in the rain watching Div 2 footy is a bl**dy expensive 2 hours entertainment. Kids like mine are the future, they should let him in for a fiver and let him sit on my lap!! There! That would create EXTRA revenue.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The Great Cornholio said:
Are you seriously suggesting that the Albion should charge £5 for the 7000 seats? £35000 per home game? Over 50% of that would go on policing costs. I would estimate that with an unlimited capacity, we would attract a crowd of 15-20000 charging £5. So demand would far outstrip supply by a hell of a lot more than now. So you still wouldn't be able to take your son.
Spot on !
But the club had better be cautious, anyone here got kids ?
I don't but I coach my nephew's under 12 side, and out of those only 2 are Brighton supporters, Chelsea and Arsenal kits outnumber BHAFC by a long long way in training, and indeed everywhere you look in BaH at the moment.
Amazing really, when I was a kid in Hove at that age we all went to the Goldstone with various dads, and then on our own.
OK the big clubs are a huge draw they are glamorous, there is much more things to do like playstation etc etc, but what happens when we eventually do get a new stadium, will the 'premiership generation' come back to the seagulls ??
If we are in the Premiership yes, but if not, then I don't think they will. Sad.

Last edited:

C1 BHA said:
My personalised plate was a 'one off' present which in no way reflects my status/income!
I am aware of the problems regarding only having 7000 seats and I didn't suggest we should sell them at £5 each. I just think £36 for my 6 year old and me to sit in the rain watching Div 2 footy is a bl**dy expensive 2 hours entertainment. Kids like mine are the future, they should let him in for a fiver and let him sit on my lap!! There! That would create EXTRA revenue.

God - you get more naive by the post. Do you seriously think we would get a safety certificate or fire certificate by letting kids sit on laps? You're not even supposed to stand up.

Aberdeen Seagull said:
Spot on !
But the club had better be cautious, anyone here got kids ?
I don't but I coach my nephew's under 12 side, and out of those only 2 are Brighton supporters, Chelsea and Arsenal kits outnumber BHAFC by a long long way in training, and indeed everywhere you look in BaH at the moment.
Amazing really, when I was a kid in Hove at that age we all went to the Goldstone with various dads, and then on our own.
OK the big clubs are a huge draw they are glamorous, there is much more things to do like playstation etc etc, but what happens when we eventually do get a new stadium, will the 'forgotten generation' come back to the seagulls ??
If we are in the Premiership yes, but if not, then I don't think they will. Sad.

I understand the sentiment but what can they do? You can't let school kids in for free. You can't realistically let kids in for a pound or you'll have the Richie Morris's of this world complaining because we haven't signed a Chelsea player that somebody's brother's uncle's friend says is quite good.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
An adult season ticket in the family stand costs the same as the childs. Therefore you can take a child to all games with you for the price of one adult season ticket.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
The Great Cornholio said:
God - you get more naive by the post. Do you seriously think we would get a safety certificate or fire certificate by letting kids sit on laps? You're not even supposed to stand up.

Hey Cornholio, you don't need to refer to me as God, and you're right off course, it would never happen in this completely over the top, politically correct, health and safety obsessed world we occupy these days.

Van der Gully

Jul 10, 2003
Brunssum, NL
This is a problem that we identified some time ago on NSC, the cost of tickets and the fact that there cannot be any casual support whilst we play at Withdean. Unfortunately the price we are paying for tickets is at such a high level, amongst many reasons, because of the costs associated with playing where we do.

I think it is reasonable to say that if we were still playing at the Goldstone it wouldn't cost anywhere near as much to get in to a game as it does now and it would also be possible to do offers to bring kids into the ground cheaply. The sad fact is that this isn't an option at Withdean, whilst we remain there the growth of the club and our chance of attracting new support from people who just go to a game occasionally has been significantly reduced.

I am hoping to get a ticket for the game next weekend, I sent my application in at the start of last week, I am still not sure whether I will get in. I doubt if there is another professional football team in the country where it is so difficult to get a ticket, it can require an amazing amount of forward planning.

At risk of sounding like an echo, the message is simple, we need Falmer now!!!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
At risk of sounding like an echo, the message is simple, we need Falmer now!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Hear hear................

and at the risk of sounding like a moaning old git........... Will we continue to be one of the worst value seats in the Country 'because it cost a fortune to build Falmer' ?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
someone i know goes to Chelsea and he said its 50 quid to sit in the top tier of the new stand,thats why the ground hasnt been full up hardly since its been built.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
It cost me £250.00 each for me and 2 boys for the 21 game package in the family stand.
Works out £12.50 per game including the cup game,so get your hand in your pocket!!

Footnote: Did anyone see Man Citys first home game against Arsenal on Sky,First home game at a brand new ground and they couldnt even fill it!!

Van der Gully

Jul 10, 2003
Brunssum, NL
C1, I hope not, the club need to identify the need to bring in new support to fill the ground and make up for what we have lost since leaving the Goldstone. A forward thinking club would realise that it is better to try and fill your ground by reducing charges when you are doing badly, the extra support may motivate the team an improve results, at which point you get promoted and the prices then reflect your new status. My slightly flawed thinking would probably mean that you will need a mortgage to get a season ticket at Chelsea next year.

Don't worry about getting stick for having a personalised plate, I bought one almost 4 years ago but had to put it on retention whilst I lived out here, will have it reassigned to my newish car when I move back next month.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It is not because it cost a fortune to build Falmer

If Falmer is turned down then it would still cost the same to be at Withdean.

Costs include your travel voucher, Ecovert and policing.

Unfortunately that is what we have. Take it or leave it as there is nothing else we can do whilst we have to play there.

No point in moaning cos it won't change anything. Just hope and pray Mr Prescott is in a good mood in two months time.

I don't know about you but I am starting to get nervous now the final decision is getting nearer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here