Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19-21/10/24

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You should trust the evidence you're accustomed to. Atwell is hopeless, and got this wrong.

I disagree :shrug:

The only thing that it should be ruled out for is for Bernardo backing in on Sa. The contact was minimal, it happened before Stones' header, and you get that kind of contact for just about every corner.

Er, you make it sound like you agree that it shouldn't be ruled out?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
You should trust the evidence you're accustomed to. Atwell is hopeless, and got this wrong. Kavanagh is one of our best refs and did what refs so rarely do: ignore the ref on VAR.

The linesman flagged it offside and the on pitch decision was no goal (sky totally failed to pick up on that during the game) therefore it was the correct decision to send the ref to the screen. He then agreed with VAR and awarded the goal.

The most intelligent football decision by any player this entire weekend. Silva was able to look into the future and anticipate that one of his team mates was going to connect before it happened so he got the hell out of dodge - excellent work

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
You should trust the evidence you're accustomed to. Atwell is hopeless, and got this wrong. Kavanagh is one of our best refs and did what refs so rarely do: ignore the ref on VAR.
The only thing that it should be ruled out for is for Bernardo backing in on Sa. The contact was minimal, it happened before Stones' header, and you get that kind of contact for just about every corner.
" should " but then you do give the valid reasons for it to be allowed?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The linesman flagged it offside and the on pitch decision was no goal (sky totally failed to pick up on that during the game) therefore it was the correct decision to send the ref to the screen. He then agreed with VAR and awarded the goal.
Really? Not how I saw it. I understood that: i, Kavanagh gave the goal despite the linesman raising his flag; ii, Atwell/VAR sent Kavanagh to reconsider his original decision; and iii, Kavanagh stood by his original decision and awarded the goal.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Really? Not how I saw it. I understood that: i, Kavanagh gave the goal despite the linesman raising his flag; ii, Atwell/VAR sent Kavanagh to reconsider his original decision; and iii, Kavanagh stood by his original decision and awarded the goal.

Yes according to reports PGMOL have confirmed the on field decision was to disallow the goal.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It used to be that you couldn't touch the keeper in the 6 yard box, this was changed in 2006 as a way to try to stop numerous 'soft' free kicks.

I'd like to see this rule reintroduced, however I'd like the keeper to be treated like any other player outside the 6 yard box. This would mean the keeper can be 'challenged' outside the 6 yard box but takes away the ambiguity of the current situation.
Surely not? You think the rule should be that no one can touch the keeper in the 6 yard box? I couldn't disagree more. Goalies have the advantage that they can catch and punch the sodding ball - they should be subject to the same jostling that every other player gets. If it's a foul it's a foul. A little nudge isn't a foul - they need to be stronger. They are overprotected as it is, the poor dears.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

At 01:21…

Craig Maskell wraps his arm around the Doncaster goalkeeper and pulls him firmly to the ground. Storer slams it in. Brighton survive.

What would today’s standards make of that?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Has Sky turned up the crowd volume at Anfield? I can hardly hear the commentators

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here