Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19-21/10/24

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I do too but on this occasion it was us
Think it's fair enough and quite refreshing when a manager or player stays with a club, I doubt he sees it as a mistake, if he felt that strongly he would have left.
he turned down so no sympathy if he finds his stock falling as a result. His loss.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
The Arsenal fans online are, as you would imagine accepting of the decision and making their peace with the decision.

Oh, wait, not that…
to be fair that was never a red card, another game ruined by VAR

How on earth can they say the Bournemouth forward was denied a clear goalscoring opportunity? he was brought down around the centre circle !!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm not sure about the Saliba red tbh - how can it be a clear goalscoring opportunity that far from goal? At least one other defender was coming across. And Jarred Gillett is an awful official.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not sure about the Saliba red tbh - how can it be a clear goalscoring opportunity that far from goal? At least one other defender was coming across. And Jarred Gillet is an awful official.
I didn't think they were supposed to review yellow cards? Haven't we had occasions where an opponent has got a yellow, but should have got a red, but they couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't review it?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I didn't think they were supposed to review yellow cards? Haven't we had occasions where an opponent has got a yellow, but should have got a red, but they couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't review it?
They weren't reviewing the yellow - they were checking to see if it was a straight red. Can't recall any like that for us, because any potential red card incidents are checked I think. I guess what you might be thinking of is where the ref hasn't issued a second yellow - we've had a few of those.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Saved us the mercy of having to read every other day how he was going to be the next Man Utd or Chelsea manager. Yawn bloody yawn. I hope he realises how lucky he was that he was even in TB's thoughts (if he was).
McKenna cleary has something, and if he can scrape enough points together to send Palace down I will tip my hat to him.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I do too but on this occasion it was us

he turned down so no sympathy if he finds his stock falling as a result. His loss.
I don't think his stock will fall, same way Howes didn't when relegated (although Howe kept Bmuff up) he managed to take a side from league 1 to the PL after excellent work with United.

He will still be of interest to bigger clubs than Ipswich.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm not sure about the Saliba red tbh - how can it be a clear goalscoring opportunity that far from goal? At least one other defender was coming across. And Jarred Gillett is an awful official.
He was through on goal and Raya was back tracking mean the Bmuff player was getting to the ball first.

If Raya had started moving to the ball I don't think it would have been upgraded.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He was through on goal and Raya was back tracking mean the Bmuff player was getting to the ball first.

If Raya had started moving to the ball I don't think it would have been upgraded.
100% red. Keeper wasn’t getting there, White was too far away. Surprised he only got a yellow to begin with, bottled it because he knew VAR had his back. Nailed on - really stupid split second decision.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
They weren't reviewing the yellow - they were checking to see if it was a straight red. Can't recall any like that for us, because any potential red card incidents are checked I think. I guess what you might be thinking of is where the ref hasn't issued a second yellow - we've had a few of those.
Even so, the ref saw the incident and made his judgement, if he didn't see clearly that's when VAR should ask that he should a 2nd look. It's not their place to overrule and whenever the ref goes to the monitor - they ALWAYS give it, they never say their initial judgement was right, EVER?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Even so, the ref saw the incident and made his judgement, if he didn't see clearly that's when VAR should ask that he should a 2nd look. It's not their place to overrule and whenever the ref goes to the monitor - they ALWAYS give it, they never say their initial judgement was right, EVER?
I think it's happened once or twice, but agree a completely pointless exercise that just makes the decision take longer. Either overrule it or go with onfield decision.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Christ on a trike.

Villa get some luck.

Against Fulham…

1. Deflected goal.
2. Missed Fulham penalty.
3. Stupid Fulham sending off.
4. Bizarre Fulham own goal.

Fulham have given out all their gifts! None left for us I suspect. 😐
I was just saying last night that Villa seem to be the flukiest side in the Premier League over recent years, most things just seem to go their way. Hoping the football gods will start dishing out some bad luck in their direction soon.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
So… I guess a Man City battering for wolves and a few injuries / red card is what we want here. Keep their confidence low.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here