[Albion] Premier League 11-13/9/21

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Thought the red card looked harsh. I’ve replayed it myself and the challenge looked fair, just looked incredibly unfortunate to me. Nasty injury though. Wish the lad a speedy recovery.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Horrible tackle. Might have ended Elliot’s career before it’s started. Hopefully a huge ban to go with the red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So far today we’ve seen Max Verstappen not even checking if Hamilton was ok when he’s got his wheel on his head and now Leeds booing a kid with his leg in two. What is the world coming to?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My initial reaction was the challenge was no worse than the one on Fernandes - stretching leg around and nicking the ball. Must have hurt himself when he landed. Just re-wound since they're not showing replays. I now see why they're not showing replays. The challenge was a lot less controlled, both players running, lunging from beind. It's a bad break. Reminiscent of the Gomes challenge.

The Son red card for that challenge was overturned on appeal. I'm not sure this one would be. Son was pushed into Gomes by an Everton player. This was a dangerous lunging tackle.

Wonder if the early season leniency is going to be reduced now.
Hope not. The rubbish we’ve seen for a number of years where every touch is given was ruining football. It’s a contact sport. Injuries happen even this one was tame compared to years ago just very unfortunate. The likes of Roy Keane would tackle like that 10 times a game.

Just maybe years ago players learnt to prepare and ride tackles better than today’s sanitised players

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
So far today we’ve seen Max Verstappen not even checking if Hamilton was ok when he’s got his wheel on his head and now Leeds booing a kid with his leg in two. What is the world coming to?

I’ve got a four letter word for both.five if you add the s. facepalm:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Thought the red card looked harsh. I’ve replayed it myself and the challenge looked fair, just looked incredibly unfortunate to me. Nasty injury though. Wish the lad a speedy recovery.
My first thought was a bit harsh for a red card too. Commentator (Neville) said the red maybe wasn't for the tackle but for the outcome, similar to Stephens at Middlesbrough a few years ago. Wish the Liverpool lad a quick recovery also.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yawn …. the Big 6 in control already.

AE25E5C3-226C-45CD-8ECE-F67350DB1D4D.png

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
FFS. Out of the Champions League places now.

Pressure all on Potter for the Leicester home game. If he can’t get us straight back in the top 4, perhaps he has reached his ceiling?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports