Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter- what’s he up to?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’m loving the slick agent led reinvention as the been there, done it and won it (lol ahem LOL) Svengali like voice of elite level coaches throughout the world.

Barely credible, tenuous at best…

I say again, he got very lucky with ‘that’ start to the season … he’s an average PL coach, nothing more… but his ego, well that’s elite level for sure.

I await two outcomes, the last big time failure or a job at a lesser club that might actually match his ability.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
…Let’s wait a while before suggesting he is finished. Chelsea money has stopped and he is 100% putting himself “out there”

I’ll be interested to see how he does when he takes a club on, much like I have interest in how RDZ is doing and in CH until he apparently became a manager of no interest to bigger clubs.

That’s fair but ‘wait for what’? And how long are we going to ‘wait’ before this really quite average, yet competent EPL mid-table manager deigns to sit in a dugout again?

We have been told by the Potterazi that he is “picky”; that he’s just ‘holidaying’ on his Chelsea pay off; that “he’s saving himself for the England job” etc etc - these things have rapidly reached and passed their sell by date..

Maybe he’ll just go straight to punditry or maybe sports journalism (although he bores the pants off me personally - he writes like he talks - in drawn out monosyllabic sentences with no punch or edginess - I imagined lots of sucking of the teeth when reading the Caceido piece!)

No agenda - Would love to see him manage a top European Club or another Big 7 EPL club - but I don’t think it’s going to happen. I don’t think he has the drive or football ambition - maybe TV punditry would be a good career path for Potts, safe, captive audience and in the easy, non-judgmental company of ex-players and failed managers.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
With £10m or there abouts in the bank etc . . . Why the f*ck would you put yourself through any sort of mill?

odd jobs round the house (as if) , 'dad' to the kids, bit of TV . . .

if the Manure job comes up maybe do 6 months for a bit of a laugh. . .

Crown green bowls has more appeal. But each to their own.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
With £10m or there abouts in the bank etc . . . Why the f*ck would you put yourself through any sort of mill?

odd jobs round the house (as if) , 'dad' to the kids, bit of TV . . .

if the Manure job comes up maybe do 6 months for a bit of a laugh. . .

Crown green bowls has more appeal. But each to their own.
Mourhino has way more than £10m and still can’t stop because he lives for it. Don’t understand why would you put yourself through it.
Bottle job if he gives up after one bad experience.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
It’s not the kind of job where you can have anything but complete motivation. I’m wondering if Graham’s insistence on waiting for the “right” job (one where he can look good) is preventing him from taking a decent job (one where he can make a positive difference, and be given enough time to implement his ideas)

If I were a club owner/chairman, I’d have doubts about somebody who kept having doubts.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Your hate knows no bounds does it? Let’s wait a while before suggesting he is finished. Chelsea money has stopped and he is 100% putting himself “out there”

I’ll be interested to see how he does when he takes a club on, much like I have interest in how RDZ is doing and in CH until he apparently became a manager of no interest to bigger clubs.

I find your anti Potter agenda just plain weird. No Potter would have meant no RDZ, it really is that simple :shrug:

I look on it like my ex-wife. Without her I wouldn't have my eldest daughter and therefore my 2 wonderful grandkids which I love to bits, or after my divorce, met my current wife (29 years in this month) and have my other lovely daughter.

But I still absolutely can't stand the feckin Bitch.

Yes we were in love at the time, but things and people change.

I thought Potter was great and supported him right up to the point he became a Judas, back stabbing Brummie c-nut. Since then he can do one, or as many as he wants to, right up the arse.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I look on it like my ex-wife. Without her I wouldn't have my eldest daughter and therefore my 2 wonderful grandkids which I love to bits, or after my divorce, met my current wife (29 years in this month) and have my other lovely daughter.

But I still absolutely can't stand the feckin Bitch.

Yes we were in love at the time, but things and people change.

I thought Potter was great and supported him right up to the point he became a Judas, back stabbing Brummie c-nut. Since then he can do one, or as many as he wants to, right up the arse.
Noted. Thanks for your post.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Whatever happened to Alan Curbishley?
Forgive the source, but here’s an interview:

Says he was picky, didn’t want to relocate or manage a team in the Championship, or one that might be relegated from the PL. Ended up waiting too long.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
There are some wonderfully bitter comments on here regarding Potter. Forget the fact that he left us in the lurch just over two years ago but in the time he was here he laid the foundations for where we are today. Those that criticise his ability just remember he was being touted by many for the England job. And, there weren’t many dissenters when we stuffed Leicester 5-2 in his final game. I’ll grant you that the timing and manner of his departure was appalling but he was given the opportunity (with the dosh and all the promises) to take over a ‘big six’ club.

So with Chelsea he was hardly given a chance. He inherited a car crash of a club with a nut job owner and a team of money grabbing prima donnas. You might call it a ‘Bridge’ too far (sorry!), and so it proved. The gamble didn’t pay off and he was binned off, with hardly time to get his feet under the table.

Will Potter the Pundit, as he is now, take on another managerial role? Who knows? He has been linked with several top clubs home and abroad. That alone strikes me as someone who still has the ability and expertise to be successful - despite some on here taking the complete opposite view.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
For me, the issue is that two years have now passed since he was dumped by Boehly.

You could argue he wanted a break, you could argue he’s waiting for ‘the perfect job’, but the longer he stays out of management, the more clubs are going to question his appetite and desire, his motives and aims and so on. He’s slowly writing himself out the frame.

And, long-term, will he be considered ‘high-profile’ enough to be a TV pundit etc for the next 20+ years? His CV is pretty short, and bigger names will surely be after the same gigs. Unless his onscreen personality and contribution becomes box office gold, I suspect he won’t be top of broadcasters’ lists for long.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Forgive the source, but here’s an interview:

Says he was picky, didn’t want to relocate or manage a team in the Championship, or one that might be relegated from the PL. Ended up waiting too long.
Not clicking on the link so I will assume. It was immigrants and Rayner, wasn't it? Bloody Wokes.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I… summarised it underneath…
season 6 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
There are some wonderfully bitter comments on here regarding Potter. Forget the fact that he left us in the lurch just over two years ago but in the time he was here he laid the foundations for where we are today. Those that criticise his ability just remember he was being touted by many for the England job. And, there weren’t many dissenters when we stuffed Leicester 5-2 in his final game. I’ll grant you that the timing and manner of his departure was appalling but he was given the opportunity (with the dosh and all the promises) to take over a ‘big six’ club.

So with Chelsea he was hardly given a chance. He inherited a car crash of a club with a nut job owner and a team of money grabbing prima donnas. You might call it a ‘Bridge’ too far (sorry!), and so it proved. The gamble didn’t pay off and he was binned off, with hardly time to get his feet under the table.

Will Potter the Pundit, as he is now, take on another managerial role? Who knows? He has been linked with several top clubs home and abroad. That alone strikes me as someone who still has the ability and expertise to be successful - despite some on here taking the complete opposite view.
Have long thought that he has sort of won the Lottery. How many on here would carry on working in the same job after a lottery win? Some for sure but not too many I would guess. He has had a rest, done a few bits and pieces like the Falkland Islands gig and now doing a bit of media work. I am guessing that he is not that bothered about another big job unless it was truly unturndownable (is that a word?) Like England or Man Utd. If nothing turns up he isn’t going to starve. Nice position to be in and like you I can’t really understand the vitriol. He did a good job for us like several others. Let it go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here