Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players waving an imaginary card

Is it acceptable for a player to wave an imaginary card?

• Yes, every time.

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • Only if it'a an Albion player doing the waving

Votes: 59 18.8%
  • There's no need for it

Votes: 238 75.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
As for influencing the ref it annoyed me less than the incident where Caicedo won the ball from Traore and Mac won the second ball which the ref allowed to continue for 5 seconds before the crowd influenced him.

As for Mitoma people only typically dislike it when it’s against their team, it’s all part of the pantomime

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely - I'd not suggest it wasn't a red.

I do wonder how many of those who say "it's an ok thing to do" would state the same if, say, Dunk tangled with an onrushing Zaha, brought him down and we saw the Palace goon waving a card in the ref's general direction, and our boy was sent for an early bath.

Would these pages be full of agreement that Zaha's actions were entirely justified?

I would suggest that we’d have to suck it up.

I really don’t have a problem with these days, the issue withZaha would be more about whether he dived than an imaginary card.

A number of players do it (same as getting in the officials ear), until the arrival of Lallana we were behind others from that perspective as well.

Of course it’s not great in sporting terms, and in the 70s and 80s would never have happened, but it does…… move on.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I find it really hard to care at all about it.

It would take a very, very bad referee for it to affect his decision in the slightest - so it's probably pointless.

But it's nowhere near as bad a look as Maguire, Fernandes etc hounding the referee whenever a decision goes against United.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
It's not very high on my list of frequent unacceptable behaviours on a football pitch.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Unacceptable. I have long advocated any player doing it should be booked themselves.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Trying to influence the officials with imaginary card waving as we witnessed from Miltoma yesterday is not acceptable and I hope that one of the more senior professionals will have a word with him as we do not want a repeat

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Albion play attractive football ⚽ and getting a lot of credit for it,we don't need this kind of behaviour. Gives the club a bad name so cut it out.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Trying to influence the officials with imaginary card waving as we witnessed from Miltoma yesterday is not acceptable and I hope that one of the more senior professionals will have a word with him as we do not want a repeat
It is funny how no-one is commenting on the fact the Trossard was running alongside the ref shouting that he should be sent off. The ref could have got annoyed by that. However, the ref had already made up his mind, you can tell that.

There was a thread not too long ago, saying that Albion players were too soft and didn't complain enough like the big boy teams (Spurs/ManU) etc.
Given we have gone from a placid, calm manager to a (checks stereotype handbook) "excitable" one, maybe the passion is rubbing off. Mitoma had just scored his first Premier League goal, he thought he was clean through to score a second. I think he was perhaps over dramatic with the card waving but understandable. Probably lucky not to get a yellow.

As an aside, my son was told by the ref at his Under 13 game to quote: "stop trying to ref the game" after giving a running commentary on all of the decisions. The funny thing was it a home game, and the ref was ours!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here