Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace smoke bomb

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A few years? Really? Probably a smoke bomb at worst & you want "a few years" in prison. Get a ****ing grip.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yes - it’s not firework day. Known fact anyone with fireworks outside of fireworks day is a wrongun and should be locked up

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Yes - it’s not firework day. Known fact anyone with fireworks outside of fireworks day is a wrongun and should be locked up
Go to bed, your Bovril is waiting & songs of praise is on in the morning.

I'm guessing you've never been to Lewes on November the 5th, have you? Or the 4th 3rd or 1st...

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
And whilst security was letting them in with flares I was getting told off as I entered the west stand upper. Steward remarked " mate you need to take the shades off as we use facial recognition ". It wasn't the politest request so I didn't oblige. More importantly I didn't have " shades " as they were my normal glasses that have the photochromic lenses that darken in sunlight. Crucially this has never been raised as an issue before. Don't get me wrong I'm all for anything that keeps me safe but just how do their idiots get flares in.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Go to bed, your Bovril is waiting & songs of praise is on in the morning.

I'm guessing you've never been to Lewes on November the 5th, have you? Or the 4th 3rd or 1st...

I’d give people 4 days either side of the 6th November

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
And whilst security was letting them in with flares I was getting told off as I entered the west stand upper. Steward remarked " mate you need to take the shades off as we use facial recognition ". It wasn't the politest request so I didn't oblige. More importantly I didn't have " shades " as they were my normal glasses that have the photochromic lenses that darken in sunlight. Crucially this has never been raised as an issue before. Don't get me wrong I'm all for anything that keeps me safe but just how do their idiots get flares in.

A flare is literally the size of a cigarette but about 4mm in diameter. Very easy to bring in

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you started choking on the acrid smoke you might think a tad differently..fair play my arse

Ps one? You’ve got to be kidding

And stand by for a defence of giving the secretary a friendly pat on the arse :facepalm:

I find it ironic that you and I, both over 60 (I presume - apols of you're not), are looking a bit askance at someone at least 10 years our junior for their fondness of 1970s haute cunteur....:shrug:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
I’d give people 4 days either side of the 6th November
So it's ok for local Sussex folk to hold the most spectacular, (& mostly illegal) fireworks display & processions for 4 days on end,....& yet when one lonesome Palace fan lets off a smoke bomb when his team score in the derby you want him banged up for years? [emoji23] The mind absolutely ****ing boggles

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Thanks for going through my previous posts. Happy clappy prick

What are you talking about? My posts on this thread were all for the smoke bomb as an antidote to sanitised stadiums. What I didn't like is you calling Albion fans "plastic" so I looked at your previous posts because you sound like a Palace troll. Go and have a nice lie down...

Last edited:

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
What are you talking about? My posts on this thread were all for the smoke bomb as an antidote to sanitised stadiums. What I didn't like is you calling Albion fans "plastic" so I looked at your previous posts because you sound like a Palace troll. Go and have a nice lie down...

22 thousand of our fans are plastic. Go and have a nice lay down? Strange.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Maybe I've missed it but I genuinely don't recall ever seeing stories about Albion fans acting like this when we go to Selhurst.

Maybe you don’t, but on various trips to Selhurst I’ve seen seats ripped off, hoardings and signs destroyed and cars in neighbouring streets being vandalised by Albion fans. Given that I’m only likely to have seen a proportion of what happens, I think it’s reasonable to assume that this kind of behaviour occurs regularly on both sides. Doesn’t justify it, of course

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
There was more than one smoke bomb, at least 2 and one of which they chucked onto their own fans that were in the stand towards the west side. I couldn't see if they managed to light the 3rd! They also pulled up a seat and were passing it around. I can only assume that they did it to take it back to their ground, and show what they would like for their stand? I'm pretty sure they were supposed to have already started to build that stand though?
To move the family stand to the block I was in today (E1G) is completely ridiculous, there was a kid near us who was about 6 and he was so funny. He was not rude to them in any way but was really good at gesturing to them to sit down and shut up without using a rude gesture. When our players were near he was so vocal with his support to them, it was amazing. The young lad was not rude or gobby in any way and took the flares, the balloon popping (which someone around him said was a gun) without being worried. A lot of kids would understandably be worried. I can imagine that if parents of kids in the current family block are forced to move to the block I was in that they'd be pretty peeved. A guy I was chatting to in the beer queue has not renewed 4 season tickets because of the move?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here