Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace earnt £77m this season

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I haven't missed the point at all.
I'm sure IF he wanted the PL that much, he would give his manager the financial clout to achieve it, and pay the fine when he got there. I'm not saying it's the right way to do it,but with more and more clubs receiving parachute payments, you are in danger of being left behind.
With the debt the Amex has burdened you with, and not many players he can sell to help balance the books,it could be an expensive few years for you.
Regarding us, I think the owners are being very prudent.
With one of the lowest wage bills in the league ( at the moment a £40 k a week ceiling) and posting a £23 mill profit for 2013/14, we are punching way above our weight.
The ground re development needs starting ASAP,we know it, and so do the owners. The proposed "takeover" has stalled,I believe, mainly due to Parish not wanting to hand over ownership.
Rumours that the Main stand will be started at the end of the new season, IF we stay up.

The debt you refer to is interest free, and has no repayment date, so how can it be expensive for the Albion?

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Also I am right in saying after a certain amount of time the loan if not paid, gets converted to shares/ownership? Wish I had a debt like that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The debt you refer to is interest free, and has no repayment date, so how can it be expensive for the Albion?

Wasn't there a notional date of 2023 bandied about ? All pretty irrelevant as TB in poker terms is holding a royal flush.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
This sort of profit enables them to buy players like Cabaye :cry:

It won't happen. There's no chance. It would be the best signing since Lombardo but I'm not allowing myself to dream yet. The guy is utterly superb, we could afford his £60k/w wages but Arsenal/Spurs/United or someone will pinch him.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It won't happen. There's no chance. It would be the best signing since Lombardo but I'm not allowing myself to dream yet. The guy is utterly superb, we could afford his £60k/w wages but Arsenal/Spurs/United or someone will pinch him.

Troll

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Jealous of Palace? No, I wouldn't swap their club for ours for all the tea in China. A more soulless club you'd be hard-pressed to find.

:D clueless .

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Be an awesome signing, wouldnt mind him at Spurs, step up from what we have atm.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Be an awesome signing, wouldnt mind him at Spurs, step up from what we have atm.

He would be a great signing for us but probably he will be out of our reach . I think London will be a draw plus working with pardew again will appeal but now it's out bigger clubs will get involved . Spurs could offer more on and off the pitch so I'm not optimistic .

Last edited:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Also I am right in saying after a certain amount of time the loan if not paid, gets converted to shares/ownership? Wish I had a debt like that.

I'd say it's more of a gift wouldn't you ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He will be a great sighing for us but probably he will be out of our reach . I think London will be a draw plus working with pardew again will appeal but know it's out there bigger clubs will get involved . Spurs could offer more on and off the pitch so I'm not optimistic .

I wouldn't be so sure, we wont spend due to the stadium

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Yep much the same as the one the fab four made to save your club and keep afloat during the Championship seasons. I understand they have decided to leave all this money in the club at present, interest free?

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing

Well maybe yes, as he has not called in the debt and said he never would, we are very lucky to have someone who has invested over £200 million and find it crazy when people have a go for not investig more in players, we do invest in players, trouble is not very good ones.

Pistol Knight

Apr 7, 2014
Yep much the same as the one the fab four made to save your club and keep afloat during the Championship seasons. I understand they have decided to leave all this money in the club at present, interest free?

None of them have taken a penny of what they invested back (yet) and SP has worked free of charge as chairman

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
None of them have taken a penny of what they invested back (yet) and SP has worked free of charge as chairman

So why do many of your fans try to say (eaglejez for example) because TB financed our ground and has paid the club debts we are cheating.
Surely the fab four have done exactly the same thing for Palace since taking over a club financially on its knee's.Do they not see the hypocrisy of their claims? Palace have done well and been fortunate in getting to the big money and if Watford had beaten them at Wembley, how much would Palace have been in debt today if still in the championship?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here