Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “On paper, the Utd players are better”

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't agree. The Saudis would just offer to make Howe an offer he couldn't refuse in order to keep him

Maybe ... but nothing that Newcastle has done since the takeover has suggested that they're going to throw money around: they're spending very carefully. The England job is very well paid and would surely be attractive to Howe, I can't see Newcastle trying to outbid the FA - that's against everything they've done over the last year

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Rashford has been so poor for so long, his stock will have fallen quite significantly.

He is at a turning point now. Does he stay at OT with a total car crash club and continue to draw his massive wages and fritter away his career or does he take a significant pay cut and move to a club with a very good coach who is going to give him every opportunity to fulfill his potential?

It will be the money won't it?!

Yes, it will

Interesting to see those posts on Red Cafe saying that MU should let him go on a free. I reckon we'd snap him up in an instant if that was the case. Deep down there's that young footballer who put Ben White on his arse and a good coach could get that young player back.

But no, it will be the money, it always is.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Using widely used figures, so presumably pretty close to the mark:

Sanchez- £0

Veltman- £900k
Dunk- £0
Webster- £20m
March- £0

Caicedo- £5m
Mac Allister- £10m
Lallana- £0
Groß- £3m
Trossard- £15m
Welbeck- £0

Total: £53.9m

De Gea- £20m

Dalot- £20m
Maguire- £80m
Martinez- £50m
Shaw- £30m

Fred- £52m
McTwat- £0
Eriksen- £0
Fernandes- £50m
Sancho- £75m
Gashford- £0

Total: £377m

And the joke is that they are STILL being connected to about 5 players every time you read the transfer rumours pages!

A long way from a settled squad.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Maybe ... but nothing that Newcastle has done since the takeover has suggested that they're going to throw money around: they're spending very carefully. The England job is very well paid and would surely be attractive to Howe, I can't see Newcastle trying to outbid the FA - that's against everything they've done over the last year

I'm not so sure. It's one thing to be sensible with your transfer spend but losing the manager midseason will be something they want to avoid (presuming he's doing well).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here