Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No wonder we don't get many decisions...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why do they even need post match food.

If this is a PL rule, I'm sure we are adhering to the minimum standards, and its the other clubs that are trying to curry favour with the refs.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Given the mixed reports of the catering quality, I hope there's some [Uriah] Rennie available in the stadium.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why the hell do we have to feed them?

If this is a PL rule, I'm sure we are adhering to the minimum standards, and its the other clubs that are trying to curry favour with the refs.
The referees often have travel quite a distance to the grounds, be there for over two hours, and then travel home. I think they should be entitled to food.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
perhaps they should be forced to get their food at half time from the concourses. & then we re-start 2nd half after they have been served

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022

I think they all burns a shitload of calories. They need to eat quickly afterwards to refuel and stay in a decent condition. Not unlike footballers themselves.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I think they all burns a shitload of calories. They need to eat quickly afterwards to refuel and stay in a decent condition. Not unlike footballers themselves.
All our lads are closely monitored for individual nutritional needs and calorie intake , as this is vital alongside individual workouts . If this is the same for Refs then it is THEIR responsibility to make the necessary arrangements for their individual needs -NOT ours .

If there is any truth to this story ( very unlikely ) then can you imagine the furore if heavens above , poor Stuart Attwell`s meal wasn`t to his liking . The accusations would land us in trouble , with the Mail at the head of the cue to stick the knife in .

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
All our lads are closely monitored for individual nutritional needs and calorie intake , as this is vital alongside individual workouts . If this is the same for Refs then it is THEIR responsibility to make the necessary arrangements for their individual needs -NOT ours .

If there is any truth to this story ( very unlikely ) then can you imagine the furore if heavens above , poor Stuart Attwell`s meal wasn`t to his liking . The accusations would land us in trouble , with the Mail at the head of the cue to stick the knife in .

It seems that you are sadly mistaken. It is the job of the home team to feed the referees and apparently even give them massages!

https://wokingham.today/from-the-middle-eat-better-referee-better/

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The referees often have travel quite a distance to the grounds, be there for over two hours, and then travel home. I think they should be entitled to food.

I'm pretty certain they need to be there a bit longer than 2 hours!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Sorry, but yu're wrong.

It's the club's respnsibility to feed the referees.

(Actually even happends in SCFL)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Hopefully the Mail would be bent over at the head of the cue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here