Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I love Bruno but he would hurt his legacy with us if he took over permanently at this stage. He's not yet ready for management at this level imo.

That said, if Potter departs I'd love Bruno to be in charge on Saturday. If the players put in a performance we'll win and the press will be able to ask him "Bruno, how does it feel to be managing Brighton and top of the Premier League?"

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
A female manager has never done anything in the Football League, let alone the Prem. Furthermore, if Emma Hayes crashed and burned in the Prem it would set back women's football quite badly.

However, there must be EFL sides out there with nothing to lose and the budget to give an Emma Hayes an opportunity, i.e. faceless club MK Dons currently 18th in League 1.

That's true. Of course, a manager named Pep Guardiola had never done anything in the PL before, and that turned out alright, so maybe your fears are unfounded

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
In terms of some actually good suggestions, albeit potentially out of reach: Franck Haise from Lens seems a good fit, as does Matthias Jaissle from RB Salzburg. Ruben Amorim would be brilliant but highly doubt he would leave Sporting for us.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The players are probably a bit disillusioned. Whoever comes in would need to have the authority to instantly gain respect . Get everyone on board immediately .
A lot of our players are punching so tactically new manager needs to be something very special .

Actually don’t think it’s an attractive job . Whoever comes in will be judged against potter and top half finishes / Europe . We are unlikely to stay there with the resources so it’s not an easy job . In many ways they only way is down from our position . The same reAsons it’s the right time for potter to go for him . If and when we dip from here then he might not get this chance again .

Emma hayes lol - no thankyou . Worst suggestion imo .

Pretty sickening all of it .

God knows what we are going to look like Saturday .

Be happy it happened rather than sad it’s over

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So you don’t think Steve Cooper would be interested then if he was on TB’s shortlist ?

No. Not unless he get sacked by Nottingham.

Any manager moving from one PL club to another would expect a higher wage at their new job, and Brighton won't do it.

If GP leaves it will be someone who is currently not employed in the PL.

Another one who can be ruled out is Pochettino. It is absurd to believe that he's going from last managing PSG to managing Brighton.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Do we know the coaching certs our backroom staff hold?
Like where is Lallana in his training etc?

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea

Any manager moving from one PL club to another would expect a higher wage at their new job, and Brighton won't do it.

Another one who can be ruled out is Pochettino. It is absurd to believe that he's going from last managing PSG to managing Brighton.

Not absurd to think that someone out of work takes a new position. Whilst I agree it’s a long shot and I’m not 100% sure it’s the right fit, I don’t think it’s out of the question.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Rodgers would be hungry to prove doubters wrong and his evangelical style would work at least short term. But can't stand the guy.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

It's quite a step up in class, but I think he could do it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That said, if Potter departs I'd love Bruno to be in charge on Saturday. If the players put in a performance we'll win and the press will be able to ask him "Bruno, how does it feel to be managing Brighton and top of the Premier League?"
Andrew Crofts was in the dugout when Potter had covid if I remember.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Poch hated the prima Donna’s at PSG. Maybe a step back would be good for him. Unlikely I know.

What we do need is someone who has a point to prove or someone up and coming with big ambition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here