Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Embaressed not to be 3-0 down. Possibly one of the worst halves of football I have ever seen us play. Some may point to us being 1 up, but I really would not want to play like this week in, week out.

I only hope we do what we did against Spurs and have a half time epiphany.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Usually hate how negative these threads are but we’ve been really poor but resilient. Feb goes from a stupidly high line in the last 2 games to all out defence and so deep. We are lucky.

Fergy / Ayari / Igor shouldn’t be playing in our first game back after the break for me. All been carried a bit. Sorry, it’s been poor.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Terrible first half.. or was it? We probably don't deserve to be leading... or do we?

Newcastle dominated most of the half, at least until the goal. We were sitting back, absorbing pressure, almost inviting them to attack to get them on the break, which we did on the first attempt.

We clearly adapted to the flavour of the game. Although it nearly backfired as they should have scored.

Verbruggen having a very good game - it's so nice having a keeper that can make quality saves.

Ferguson, sadly, has been ineffectual and anonymous. Would like to see him subbed for an impactful player, but I suspect he'll be on for a little longer.

Rutter has skillz. Great assist. He does some sexy flair actions on the ball which is fun to see.

Baleba looking good, again. Welbeck having the season of his life - I just KNEW he'd score.

The goal has put a spring in our step and Newcastle have their tails between their legs. Let's hope we can capitalise on that in the 2nd half.

Redinpeace

Apr 27, 2023
First half highlights BHA are playing in black

giphy.gif

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Very lucky to be winning. Luckily we have a lot of options on the bench so hopefully subs will be made at half time.
I'd be bringing on the subs a little later, Newcastle are running themselves into the ground, Estupinan and Mitoma on at 65/70 minutes could be effective.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Wow! Just can't believe that we are winning this. Just have to keep them at bay 2nd half and the chances we have we take.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here