Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New rumour out of East Anglia

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
All those suggesting Billy Sharp, he is on a season long loan at Forest. When O'Driscoll was in charge he confirmed a couple of times that there is no recall option in place for Southampton half way through the season, so that's a no-go.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Would seem very logical, Ipswich are signing strikers all over the place, the current crop must be getting shifted on. I wouldn't mind Scotland on loan, if he's crap then we've not lumbered ourselves but he was a very good striker back in the day. Not a Premier League player, but a top end Championship goal scorer. We do NOT need a big lump up front who is going to bully everyone, we need a clever striker who can finish and who can be a genuine goal threat. I don't think Scotland is particularly quick, but he is well built, strong and can finish with both feet. On loan, he would be a fantastic signing.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Would seem very logical, Ipswich are signing strikers all over the place, the current crop must be getting shifted on. I wouldn't mind Scotland on loan, if he's crap then we've not lumbered ourselves but he was a very good striker back in the day. Not a Premier League player, but a top end Championship goal scorer. We do NOT need a big lump up front who is going to bully everyone, we need a clever striker who can finish and who can be a genuine goal threat. I don't think Scotland is particularly quick, but he is well built, strong and can finish with both feet. On loan, he would be a fantastic signing.
Err have you seen him play recently he is crap would be the worst signing ever.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Err have you seen him play recently he is crap would be the worst signing ever.

Worst signing ever eh? Chris Holroyd, Nathan Elder, Colin Hawkins, Federico Turienzo, Maheta Molango, Robbie Pethick... All strong contenders so far as I am concerned. Jason Scotland? Wouldn't even make a dent. Billy Paynter was far worse.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I rated this guy very highly a few seasons ago but I think he's probably had his day. We've had worse, as evidenced by others above.

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
5ft 8 wide, what a lump...no thanks, he can stay in Suffolk (for the geographically challenged, it neighbours Norfolk).

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Worst signing ever eh? Chris Holroyd, Nathan Elder, Colin Hawkins, Federico Turienzo, Maheta Molango, Robbie Pethick... All strong contenders so far as I am concerned. Jason Scotland? Wouldn't even make a dent. Billy Paynter was far worse.
If your going to take me literally for me yes he would be in that list, still bemused why you think it would be a fantastic loan signing.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Gus was after Scotland before, when he was not pulling up trees and he has done diddly squat since. Hope there is nothing in this, if anyone in that mold was going to come, it would have been McClean, so I doubt Scotland will be coming.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If your going to take me literally for me yes he would be in that list, still bemused why you think it would be a fantastic loan signing.

He would have to be utterly awful to get in that list. He wouldn't be as bad as some people are making out but a lot less exotic and a lot less to be expected from him than an Ulloa. I would rather a permanent signing but seriously, who sells a goalscoring striker in january? Come on now, be realistic. The business done in the summer is what really matters and we didn't do it last time.

If you panic on deadline day you buy Craig Davies and he scores 1 goal in 20something games.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Lloyd Owusu , Gifton Noel Williams , Bas Savage , Tony Rougier , Trevor Benjamin , Iwelumo

Granted most were at L1 level but point is a player doesnt have to be a world beater to be able to make a difference. As part of a squad then he may chip in with important goals and raise his game for a couple of months.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Lloyd Owusu , Gifton Noel Williams , Bas Savage , Tony Rougier , Trevor Benjamin , Iwelumo

Granted most were at L1 level but point is a player doesnt have to be a world beater to be able to make a difference. As part of a squad then he may chip in with important goals and raise his game for a couple of months.

Most of those players we signed when fighting relegation. We need quality now .

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He would have to be utterly awful to get in that list. He wouldn't be as bad as some people are making out but a lot less exotic and a lot less to be expected from him than an Ulloa. I would rather a permanent signing but seriously, who sells a goalscoring striker in january? Come on now, be realistic. The business done in the summer is what really matters and we didn't do it last time.

If you panic on deadline day you buy Craig Davies and he scores 1 goal in 20something games.
I agree we missed out in the summer, personally I think Hoskins is more than capable lets face it if we had just signed him before Newcastle we would all be raving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here