Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Need a new Digital Camera - Any Suggestions

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I've had a couple of the Panasonic TZ series and they are excellent all-rounders. Reasonably small but solid enough to feel like a decent bit of kit when you use them. Excellent photos and great video as well. Reviews often comment on them being the ideal travelling/holiday camera. I've always done fine with it at gigs etc as well.

They keep updating them but the older TZ8 (which was pretty new when I got one!) can be bought for £169 from Amazon. A bit more than your budget but worth it.

TS seriesare v good, it is a lot to do with the Leica lens. If you shop around you can pick these up pretty much on budget if you go for a previous model.

Sep 1, 2010
I noticed today that Currys have the Lumix DMC-FS10 reduced from £199 to £79 this is very tempting but don't know if it is as good as the other Lumix ones

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Get one of these bad boys....Its just the dogs!!!

nikon-d700-1.jpg

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
It appears that me questioning the validity of taking too many photographs at events thread last night has made my Canon Ixus commit suicide. :cry:

So looking for a new one around £100, any ideas of decent ones that are also good for videos as well, it seems a bit of a minefield TBH

Spend about £190 (look online) on a Sony Cybershot DSC-HX5V.It has everything you would ever want from a camera

Simple shoot mode
Manual mode
HD Movie mode
Single shot
10 shots in a second (sports mode)
Panoramic vision mode (180 degree sweep shot)
Anti motion blur
Plus thoosands of other features

Believe me when I tell you, it is truly superb!

TNBA

TTF

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
If you can hide that in your sausage then i suggest you may be in the wrong job. Admittedly i don't know what your actual job is though

It doesn't involve sausages unfortunately. In all seriousness the wife was asking me the other day about buying a camera - in the price range that you are looking at Baz so I may follow suit on that Panasonic or Canon as, truth be told, I'm clueless with these things. How much is that Canon G12 thingymajib?

Sep 1, 2010
It doesn't involve sausages unfortunately. In all seriousness the wife was asking me the other day about buying a camera - in the price range that you are looking at Baz so I may follow suit on that Panasonic or Canon as, truth be told, I'm clueless with these things. How much is that Canon G12 thingymajib?

Lots! My Current Canon was ok but i have to say the Zoom struggled and shutter speed was a bit of a munter. The Lumix, the one JS uses for example seems a bit of a cracker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here