Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My finger smells funny

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Here is the sentence;

"I can only thank you for bringing this to my attention, and provide my assurance that I will STRIVE to reinstate this crucial element to my contributions."

In what POSSIBLE context could it NOT be CRUCIAL to capitalise the word 'CRUCIAL' in that sentence?

Hiney - adjudication please.

Gentlemen,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to this particularly THORNY issue.

As eloquently summarised by the Rt Hon Easy10, the use of capital letters is an INTEGRAL part of life within NSC. Their use is VITAL, if information is to be expressed correctly but it is also EXTREMELY important not to overdo the use of capitals.

Mr Kraay is correct in his comment that the word 'crucial' would normally be a PRIME candidate for capitalisation. However, this MUST be taken within the context of the sentence as a whole and in the above example, we are faced with a number of candidates for capitalisation.

It has therefore been an extremely difficult and thought-provoking decision but I feel that, in this case, the use of the word 'STRIVE' in capitals and NOT 'crucial' is the correct use within the sentence in question.

I therefore find in favour of Easy10.

May the court please rise - we are DISCHARGED.

:thumbsup:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
theres no actual residue I can see, but this curious smell persists regardless. Its not pungent enough to transmit itself to 3rd parties

who is the second party?

easy ten used to be schizophrenic, but they're fine now.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Dare I suggest that if you stick your finger in your belly button and sniff it, the odour is quite pleasant. It's all the dead skin and fluff you see. One thinks it would be disgusting, but it is absolutely pleasant.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Right Honourable Hiney for finding in my favour and finally clearing up this issue once and for all. I am happy that justice has been done, and now I would just ask to be left in peace to enable me to get on with the rest of my life, and continue with my use of CAPITALS as and where I see fit. Thank you, no questions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here