Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Musical Street Map

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Albert Road, the closing track on English Teacher's great debut album which won this year's Mercury Prize.

It's the name of a road in Colne, Lancashire, where singer Lily Fontaine grew up. Fab video too.

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Plaistow Patricia - Ian Dury and the Blockheads. Look, this just deserves to be mentioned because it’s rude and brilliant and has the Mile End Road in the lyrics. :clap:
In Richard Balls' biography of Ian Dury, Fred 'Spider' Rowe tells a story that I've always liked. Apparently the Blockheads did some support gigs with Lou Reed and Mr Reed was his usual difficult self, perhaps worse than usual, as Ian's band were going over a little better with audiences than the headliner was. On the last night of the tour, before the last song, Ian made a dedication:

"Well, this is our last show with Lou Reed, good old Lou, he has looked after us and we are very pleased to have been on the tour with him, so I would like to dedicate this song to Lou and all the people who have helped us and loved us throughout the tour, so here we go...'

and into the opening words of Plaistow Patricia...

Rowe says "I was laughing and Lou Reed was standing behind us with his tour manager, so he said to me, 'Well, you've done yourself out of a crate of champagne' and I said 'Poke it up your bollocks, we don't want your champagne, we just want rid of you.'"

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Rowe says "I was laughing and Lou Reed was standing behind us with his tour manager, so he said to me, 'Well, you've done yourself out of a crate of champagne' and I said 'Poke it up your bollocks, we don't want your champagne, we just want rid of you.'"
:lolol: :lolol: Reasons to be cheerful

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013

Munchkinland somewhere in Australia, having trouble pinpointing it on a map.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

16 security screws fitted to the road sign :smile:

IMG_1552.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports