Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most unfunny shite on TV ?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Actually I think it's called "All about me" 'My family' is the one about the dentist.

And yes, it's so squeaky-clean and right-on that there is no room for any humour. Meera Syall quite rightly didn't do the second series. Incidentally Jasper Carrot owns Celador the company who produce it. That's why you've got a bald 60-year old married to a semi-attractive woman half his age.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Brovian said:
Actually I think it's called "All about me" 'My family' is the one about the dentist.

And yes, it's so squeaky-clean and right-on that there is no room for any humour. Meera Syall quite rightly didn't do the second series. Incidentally Jasper Carrot owns Celador the company who produce it. That's why you've got a bald 60-year old married to a semi-attractive woman half his age.

It really is total jizz. I mean, what is that ceribral palsy character all about? It's not a funny condition and I don't feel obliged to laugh at the crappy lines he gets, just because he's disabled. It would be funnier if he just sat in the corner not saying a word so that we could all wonder what he was even doing in the show -

Unless Jaspar Carrott has a scene lined up involving a daytrip and an ice cream van, I can't see myself ever laughing at the poor lad.

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Spot on about "All about me" , I cant desribe in words how utter shite bolloxy crap this "sitcom" (and i use that word liberally) is, apart from the words ive just used ovbiousley :dunce:

Absolutley Fabolous was going downhill the last time they dropped it, why bring it back? apart from to remind us what trash it was!! :angry:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Gritt23 said:
[The one I just don't get though is Harry Hill, and I've really tried, but nope, I never even smile. [/B]

I don't think his TV show's up to much but saw him live and he was hilarious.

It all made a lot more sense when he was on stage. Also, the running gags are much better spun out over 90 minutes than about 6 weeks.

Self-conscious super-cool shows get up my nose, they have imploded on themselves. The Office ? What is funny about it, and when have I ever actually 'burst' into laughter ?
Ab-Fab was never all that - darling this and darling that ??

Seinfeld. It's one of those shows where people sit and think "oh, that was pretty funny" but don't actually even crack a smile .

Shock value shows are .....er......not actually shocking, are they?

'Married With Children' even spanks the crud out of most sitcoms out there, and that is basically the same joke done 10 different ways then repeated - but it's still somehow more amusing than 99% of other stuff.

The better of the bunch of late, has been 'Couplings', imho.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I never understood how they could make several series (don't know how many) out of an idea where a bloke goes into a pub which takes him back in time to the war years. "Goodnight Sweetheart", I believe it was called.

Funny? How?

Was "Allo allo" actually funny or did I watch it because I was a youngish lad and they showed saucy women with stockings and suspenders on?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Good points Bozza - I'd forgotten how dire those series were, 'Allo 'Allo was based solely around laughing at funny foreign accents.

I must have blanked them out of my memory along with (now you've jogged it) the sterotypical, racist crap 'Love thy Neighbour' and 'Mind your Language', both written by the same bloke!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here