Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most loathed song sung at Football matches

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Danny Seagull said:
Artois he means that slow dingey one that goes Alllll-bi-yeerrrnnnn that some of our fans nicked from Liverpool

Precisely Danny Seagull.

I can't imagine being able to clap along to Allll-bi-yeeerrrn (well put DS).

If we did it would be a slow handclap - actually thinking about it, that may not be a bad idea!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I totally hate the fcuking :sick: "bunny song" :sick:

It has to be the most embarrassing song EVER :sick: plus it is as gay as hell :safeway and does little for our image

Other than that I dislike anything with 'United' in it (especially when the United is ManUre :tosser: )

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Play up Pompey
Al-bi-on

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Play Up Pompey is dire. On The Ball City is just plain weird and I only worked out the words to it when I saw it written down.

As for our songs, my least favourites are the funereal "Brighton - passion like fire" - which has got to have the most contradictory words ever set to a tune - and all the permutations ending in "Barmy Army" if kept up for very long.

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
Horrid chants.

Anyone remember this one from back in the day...? Possibly a Krispies concoction..

I never felt more like singin' the Blues
When Brighton win & Palace lose
Oh Brighton,
You got me singin' the Blues.

That one was shite.:rolleyes:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Re: Horrid chants.

simon swagbag said:
Anyone remember this one from back in the day...? Possibly a Krispies concoction..

Oh Brighton,

Bugger, I like that one!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Horrid chants.

simon swagbag said:

Oh Brighton,

We nicked that one from Sheff Wed after the 1983 Semi Final.

They were booming the song from the North Bank. It sounded impressive. Albion fans just added their own words after the game.

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
i dont condone violance at football matches, but when that pompey twat with the bell got a bit of a kick in at molineux, and his bell knicked, i did chuckle.

f*ck off pompey, pompey f*ck off.

Not a song as such, but the f***ing ridiculous red indian war chants played at Wycombe every time the home team get a corner is very, very, very annoying.

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
WhitleyDennis said:
Not a song as such, but the f***ing ridiculous red indian war chants played at Wycombe every time the home team get a corner is very, very, very annoying.
And while we're on the subject, Palarse's announcer letting the crowd fill in the surname of the scorer when he announces it. Made all the worse by the fact that it happened FIVE! times last October. :angry:

Apart from that, "Does your boyfriend know you're here?" must be great fun for every team's supporters when they visit but don't they know we've heard it a million times already?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Dropkick Turnip said:
Made all the worse by the fact that it happened FIVE! times last October.

six actually, but we all enjoyed the second one.

"you're not 2-0, you're not 2-0. you're not 2-0 up" etc.

How short lived that one was.

Have to agree with the alll-bi-yerrrrrrrn one. Can't stand it. The other version's far superior.

Play Up Pompey tune we have adopted many times. "f*** Off Man U" at Grimsby for example. They did though.

I know who made up Passion like fire!

Brighton passion like fire
Brighton Bellotti been shown the door
love you for ever,
give up on you never
support you for ever more

Brighton

£50 each if you want his mobile number sent to.....:lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Rivalder said:
I know who made up Passion like fire!

Brighton passion like fire
Brighton Bellotti been shown the door
love you for ever,
give up on you never
support you for ever more

Brighton

:sick: :sick:

I haven't heard anything that comes close to being the worst football song when compared to this.

It is, without a doubt, the most embarrassing dirge to eminate from Albion fans.

:sick: :sick:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
tinx said:
Have to agree play up Pompey is the most annoying and irritating chant I've ever heard.

agreed

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My pet hate is the "We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen" No, we're not even close.

And I've never heard '"passion like fire" - I go to just about every home game and until this season, most away games and it's completely passed me by.

I quite like Play up Pompey. As Lord B says, it's a unique chant and I'm all for it.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I love the "Bright eyes" song

Its unique...its tuneful and it pisses off the killjoys so it can't be all bad.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

I really detest the Leeds song...Marching All Together...its a West Yorkshire thing.:p :p :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here