Most loathed song sung at Football matches

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
The one that gets rolled out everytime we play anywhere even slightly rural eg Swindon, Ipswich anywhere in Wales etc it goes...

I can't read
and I can't write
but that don't really matter
coz i can something something something
and i can drive a tractor!

Well I hate it because being a farmer, and one that drives a tractor, but can allegedly read and write, it's all a bit close to home.

However I still sing it of course...just feel a bit...daft!
:jester:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Play up Pompey Pompey play up AAAAAARRRRGHHH

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Have to agree play up Pompey is the most annoying and irritating chant I've ever heard.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
must admit that the pompey song is awful, its so dreary and just plain crap :D

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Seagullible said:
ALBION
ALBION
like Liverpool do - it's soooo depressing

and who can forget
Brighton - passion like fire :nono:

Are you Fran Hagarty in disguise?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
When I was a steward at Narrrridge their song must be the most retarded and unintelligable one i have ever heard.

On the ball city.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
AL-BI-ON chant is class. Especially when it turns into a big rendition with everyone clapping along.

The worst football chant in the history of the world only has one contender: Play Up Pompey.

It's the most annoying chant ever. I would rather they sing "I know a chant that'll get on your nerves".

Back to Brighton songs, I like most of them, with the exception of "passion like fire". Dire dire crap.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
not really a song but that whole tune when teams like palace score on the tannoy system fucks me right off. and then ANDY...........???

f***ing ****s :tosser: :salute: :tosser: :salute:

looney said:
When I was a steward at Narrrridge their song must be the most retarded and unintelligable one i have ever heard.

On the ball city.
Agreed.

However ...

Just like Sussex By The Sea - and, indeed, Play Up Pompey - it is unique to one football club, and deserves some respect for that.

My pet aversion (and I guess I'll be flamed for this) is any variant of the Blaydon Races. My family come originally from Tyneside (some of them from Blaydon itself) and we all consider this to be our "national anthem".

However much I look back with nostalgia to the days when we spent our Saturdays "going down the Shoreham Road to see the Brighton Aces", I still feel uncomfortable about the song.

Sorry.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seagullible said:
ALBION
ALBION
like Liverpool do - it's soooo depressing

and who can forget
Brighton - passion like fire :nono:

Yep, they are the two Brighton songs I can't stand!

Also hate "Glad All Over" (for obvious reasons).

Don't care too much for "Play up Pompey" or "when the Saints.."

Now if we could just Sign Andre Kanchelsis. Cue MC:banana: :banana: :dance:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:

However much I look back with nostalgia to the days when we spent our Saturdays "going down the Shoreham Road to see the Brighton Aces", I still feel uncomfortable about the song.

Good thing about where I live is I have no choice BUT to go some distance down Shoreham Road whenever I go to see the Albion, so that song still makes sense to me :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports