Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Millwall @ The Amex

theboybilly

I should imagine any responsible parent would be concerned about bringing their kids to fixtures such as this, but in reality Millwall are clinging to an inflated reputation. Luton was years ago(Luton- I ask you, even that was only a few ripped out seats) You could get an incident at any game but there will be an increased police presence at the Amex for this and there'll be plans in place to 'kettle' any large numbers. I wouldn't worry too much. If your that worried, plan ahead and try go to the Amex via a route the away support won't use, avoid the city centre as much as possible, and keep a low profile. But whatever you do, don't let the visit of Millwall stop you bringing your young 'uns to a football match.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Interesting thread if Palace fan's were giving it large around the ground and generally tried to take the piss it would no doubt end a few fists flying Yet when its Millwall its a different reaction completely.

theboybilly

Interesting thread if Palace fan's were giving it large around the ground and generally tried to take the piss it would no doubt end a few fists flying Yet when its Millwall its a different reaction completely.

Unfortunately this thread has got side-tracked away from the OP's question about the safety of children at the match on Saturday

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Unfortunately this thread has got side-tracked away from the OP's question about the safety of children at the match on Saturday

Best advice as pointed out already is turn up early and stay behind for a while after the game, but do not mouth off if you have kids.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
The only way to diffuse any trouble is to hand out rose or something to each Millwall fan when they come off the trains, I'm sure they would appreciate that and they'll think what lovely fans Brighton have got, result no trouble, no homophobic chants or songs, anybody else think that is a good idea, any volunteers to hand out the flowers?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But surely it's reasonable for a father to be concerned about walking past the away end when certain teams are in town, there are a lot of people who bring young children, older people and disabled who have to think about it seriously. Not every one is a 20/30something male with his mates who can look after himself if something happens.

I'd say it's very good parenting from the OP and i'd guess some who aren't parents just dont get it!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The only way to diffuse any trouble is to hand out rose or something to each Millwall fan when they come off the trains, I'm sure they would appreciate that and they'll think what lovely fans Brighton have got, result no trouble, no homophobic chants or songs, anybody else think that is a good idea, any volunteers to hand out the flowers?

I think Pretty Pink Fairy would be up for that if you asked nicely

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
They ain't all bad, just take a look at the coach 1 massive!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
This will be my son's first Millwall encounter (the last two were school nights) and we'll be going early, leaving late.

After queuing at Brighton with a whole lot of them the last two times, it's not really something a kid should experience/endure.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
This will be my son's first Millwall encounter (the last two were school nights) and we'll be going early, leaving late.

After queuing at Brighton with a whole lot of them the last two times, it's not really something a kid should experience/endure.

What happened!?

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012

This will be my first Millwall game WITHOUT my son so I'm going INTO the town centre to start drinking from 11am. ;)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
cheers munkfish...just wanted to get a bit of feedback from other bhafc fans....not overly worried about trouble(we both do martial arts lol) just don't want my son to know the **** word aged 7.

No Worries, thread seems to have gone off track, hang back, depending on how long you can hang back for, you might bump into a few of our players, I stay in the ground for roughly an hour/hour and half after kick off and often see players leaving down by the north stand, maybe turn this into a late game with your son and try get a few autographs.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Bunch of lettuces wetting themselves because the mighty Millwall are coming to town. What none of you seem to have grasped is that if you simply ignored their antics it would stop, but threads like this, the inevitable screaming for Policeman by costa et al is just going to ensure they behave exactly the same the next time they visit.

I can't help feeling you'd all prefer it if there werent any away fans at the Amex at all so you could all sit in your library, read the paper and occsionally clap politely when either team scores a goal.

that sounds lovely

Jan 15, 2013
No Worries, thread seems to have gone off track, hang back, depending on how long you can hang back for, you might bump into a few of our players, I stay in the ground for roughly an hour/hour and half after kick off and often see players leaving down by the north stand, maybe turn this into a late game with your son and try get a few autographs.

that sounds like a good plan Munkfish....cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here