Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think you’re wrong [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION].

The OCG were putting the frighteners on him, by having him in the cell when Lakewood was strangled.
He knows more than he’s making out.

I don’t think he’s H though.

Have not watched last nights episode yet ( 11/04 ) so, things have changed then ? I would say this though, its almost never the most obvious suspect..... additionally I'm struggling with John Corbett, was he bent or was he in extreme deep cover ? i keep thinking this over and I really can't be sure ?

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Of course someone ‘right at the top’ could have manipulated the DNA database to throw AC12 off the trail.

There again, Jo and Kate could be related - they are close but not that close and Kate keeps mentioning their ‘personal issue’.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Hill is and has been a nursery for bent coppers, and that OCG uses this to get bent coppers into other units. So why is Kate there? It seems, if the conversation in the underpass is to be believed, that she was not planted by Ted. So is she another bent copper or placed by an unknown to spy on OCG?
So many links to past series. Paedophile ring, past characters and now Ted being pensioned off maybe this means it’s the last series and we get a resolution.
Still waiting for a major character to be killed off but with three to go I think we will be left hanging for answers even if this is final series.
It seems to be a tale of a murky web of institutional corruption where all are effected no matter their intentions.
Loving the intrigue.
The next series is already agreed.

Sadly the whole multi-series program arc could be ultimately building towards Hastings dying 'In the Line of Duty'.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Of course someone ‘right at the top’ could have manipulated the DNA database to throw AC12 off the trail.

There again, Jo and Kate could be related - they are close but not that close and Kate keeps mentioning their ‘personal issue’.

The relative of Davidson on the DNA database is a male. Steve Arnott said that the dna of Davidson had thrown up a connection, and “He is a blood relative “ or words to that effect.

This also discounts Davidson being being related to either DCC Andrea Wise or Lindsay Denton.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
The relative of Davidson on the DNA database is a male. Steve Arnott said that the dna of Davidson had thrown up a connection, and “He is a blood relative “ or words to that effect.

This also discounts Davidson being being related to either DCC Andrea Wise or Lindsay Denton.

Good point - but ‘as you know sir’ we need to keep an open mind and can’t rule out the possibility that DCI Kate Fleming’s name when she joined the force was Harry Fleming. #twist

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
In the first episode Davidson told Farida that she hadn't introduced her to her family, because she didn't have any. She then threw a glass at a picture of her as a child with a woman, presumably her mother. Her file shows her next of kin as 'Samantha Davidson'. Her reactions to the new burner phone delivery and to the laptop messages suggest that she she was acting under coercion, even before the outright threat from Ryan. I think that things are pointing to her mother being the key as to why she became involved with the OCG. Some are suggesting that the woman in the photo could be Anne Marie McGillis, John Corbett's mother. However, Corbett and Davidson's dates of birth are known: February and April 1979 respectively; would be a very long gap for twins and a very short gap for siblings. Given that Mercurio made up these dates of birth, he wouldn't have overlooked this and doing it deliberately as a smokescreen would seem a bit silly. However, if Mercurio knew that he would be setting this puzzle, why would he give Davidson a date of birth that would rule out one candidate?Tommy Hunter, suggested as another option, is only 14 years older than Davidson, so unlikely to be her father, so he would have to be a much older brother. Arnott's wording seems to rule out the relative being a woman, and also seem to suggest that the DNA was found when the search stretched beyond police officers. The fact that this was mentioned would suggest that the relative is not a police officer. Possibly Jimmy Lakewell? Davidson was obviously shocked when told about his murder, but her reaction didn't seem to be that of someone who had lost a sibling. Most of the other candidates are 'bent coppers', so wouldn't have needed the 'we searched a wider database' explanation. I'm left with nobody.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In the first episode Davidson told Farida that she hadn't introduced her to her family, because she didn't have any. She then threw a glass at a picture of her as a child with a woman, presumably her mother. Her file shows her next of kin as 'Samantha Davidson'. Her reactions to the new burner phone delivery and to the laptop messages suggest that she she was acting under coercion, even before the outright threat from Ryan. I think that things are pointing to her mother being the key as to why she became involved with the OCG. Some are suggesting that the woman in the photo could be Anne Marie McGillis, John Corbett's mother. However, Corbett and Davidson's dates of birth are known: February and April 1979 respectively; would be a very long gap for twins and a very short gap for siblings. Given that Mercurio made up these dates of birth, he wouldn't have overlooked this and doing it deliberately as a smokescreen would seem a bit silly. However, if Mercurio knew that he would be setting this puzzle, why would he give Davidson a date of birth that would rule out one candidate?Tommy Hunter, suggested as another option, is only 14 years older than Davidson, so unlikely to be her father, so he would have to be a much older brother. Arnott's wording seems to rule out the relative being a woman, and also seem to suggest that the DNA was found when the search stretched beyond police officers. The fact that this was mentioned would suggest that the relative is not a police officer. Possibly Jimmy Lakewell? Davidson was obviously shocked when told about his murder, but her reaction didn't seem to be that of someone who had lost a sibling. Most of the other candidates are 'bent coppers', so wouldn't have needed the 'we searched a wider database' explanation. I'm left with nobody.
Could the wider search have been dead coppers ( eg the caddie ) ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Some are suggesting that the woman in the photo could be Anne Marie McGillis, John Corbett's mother. However, Corbett and Davidson's dates of birth are known: February and April 1979 respectively; would be a very long gap for twins and a very short gap for siblings.

Yes, it's not possible for Corbett and Davidson to be twins but they could be half brother and sister - same father, different mothers

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
ARRGGHHHH but where do the PCC and DCC fit in? Haven't got to the bottom of that one yet.

I reckon that they're a smokescreen from Jed. Osborne, who told Arnott to lie in the first series, is now Chief Constable, outranking Wise as DCC and I got the impression that the re-organisation is coming from above. He was also outed by Gail Vella for lying about recruitment levels. I reckon that he is going to be key, possibly outed as H, but maybe not caught in this series. This would then allow for the set up of a confrontation between him and Steve for the final series. He'd make a suitable end level boss because of their previous relationship.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I think she is working for another anti-corruption unit, perhaps AC-3.

Let’s hope so and she’s not bent. The problem is who put her there and why as Operation Peartree was formally closed. Is Kate trying to find info on OCG and establish a link with Hastings, or is she trying to frame and get out of the way all the key investigators, Steve, Hastings. Maybe it goes higher and authorities know the whole force is bent from Chief Constable down and Kate has been planted to find out all the links. If so it’s not going to end well for her.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Steve Arnott spends a traumatic afternoon where his life was in danger following an armed attack and ends up - in self defence - killing a sniper.
2 weeks off on paid leave - recuperating ? Extra time off with a counsellor ensuring he has no PTSD. ?? Oh no.
He's seemingly back at work the very *next* day fretting about his overdue appointment at occupational health.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here